Main Menu

Boro Gallery September 2011

Started by sparrow, September 09, 2011, 06:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

The goblets are great and I love the paperweight - how big is it?

Marcel

thank you for the compliments the paperweight is
3,4 cm wide x 2,9 cm high  ;)

glasseyeyes

Hello everyone,

Jacky67 - these are lovely, I do like the pose!

Marcel - that is one beautiful paperweight, reminds me of reaching up from the depths, very intriguing .

Sabine - cool!  It's funny how kids can inspire us instead of us inspiring them!

I have had a long break but am starting to pick up again, here are some boro marbles done for my son, not done vortex before so not perfect by any means and one cracked.  Still practise makes perfect.....

DSC03496 by dawnsbeadboutique, on Flickr

DSC03500 by dawnsbeadboutique, on Flickr

Dawn

Steampunkglass

Quotenot done vortex before so not perfect by any means
I beg to differ! Look pretty good to me!!!  ;D

Jacky67

garishglobes

I beg to differ too! Those are fab vortexes!  :D

glasseyeyes

Thank you everyone!

I made another one today, this time soft glass, I'll photograph it tomorrow as it's late now.  Managed to ruin it by adding a signature cane made from intense black, I'm usually good with murinni but this just looked like a black blob.  Back to the drawing board on that one!

Night night!

Dawn

Marcel

thank you Dawn and Great vortex marbles  ;)
Here is my Spirithorse.

Jacky67

Marcel

garishglobes

I love the horse too. The ears are perfect  :)

I've been wanting to do egg cups for a while, but am still working on even goblet lips...this guy neatly gets round that problem  :D 
It is made as one piece, with the foot spun out and then the top shaped, so has a hole right the way through. Foot should be bigger, but I can work on that!

Humpty by A flame with desire, on Flickr

And a perfume bottle:

Perfume bottle by A flame with desire, on Flickr

sparrow

Lovely spirit horse Marcel, and great vortex marbles, too!

Emma, I love the egg cup, lo! You'll have to 'dress up' every egg, though  ;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

glasseyeyes

Hello...

Marcel I do like the horse, but I am biased of course cause I love horses....

I love the perfume bottle but I really really like the egg cup, I totally agree you will have to dress up ever one..... :)

Dawn

Jacky67

I luuuuuuve the perfume bottle!!!!!

Jacky

Pat from Canvey

I love both the egg cup and the perfume bottle. You mention the spun out base. Lucio demo'd this quickly in his class and uses the bases with his ornate figure work. I tried this at home with very dismal results. You'll have to give us a class. It would be worth a drive,