paint on glass

Started by Katerina, September 02, 2011, 02:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katerina

Well, I know I already have to many hobbies....but I really really want to try some paint on glass...

I slumped some bottles after my wedding and now wants to make some pictures on them.

What is the good an better inexpensive paint I can find and from where.
I did Google it and a bit confused with a choice...so I need advice of an expert  ;)
Katerina

Fiona

If you just mean normal glass paint and not something to put in the kiln again then Marabu or Pebeo are good brands to use.  You can get ones that air dry only or ones that you can put in the oven once they're dry and are then dishwasher safe after.  It really depends what you want to use it for.  Marabu have recently come out with a dishwasher safe paint that you just need to let air dry for 3 days rather than seal in the oven which is called Marabu Porcelain.

Hope this helps and please show us what you paint on the bottles.  :)

Katerina

I thought really about paint and than slumped if it's possible ?

tinker

I think you'd have to slump them first, paint and then oven dry - but the good news is that the paints now come in pens too. I'll see if I can dig out my supplier info for you.

Fiona

I'm sure I saw somewhere glass paint pens for fusing.  Will see if I can find it unless someone else knows.

Katerina

thank you :) for information...