Help please

Started by dawn, September 01, 2011, 02:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawn

I have recently purchased a wet grinder for working with my fused glass.   Realised I need a portable electrical transformer so I bought one.   I connected everything up but there does not seem to be any electricity going to the grinder.   Can anyone help?   Have I forgotten to do something?   I was so excited about playing with my new toy but now feel very  :'(!  Why does that always happen when you are so looking forward to playing with something new?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Moreton

I had the same problem with a diamond band saw bought from the USA. Then I found the on switch hidden round the back.  ::)  Also a switch on the transformer.

Best of luck, Pete
Pete

dawn

Found after checking the fuse that it had blown, replaced fuse and it keeps blowing!!! 

Steampunkglass

sounds like there is a fault, is it a fuse in the transformer, and is the transformer powerful enough for the grinder? You might need to contact whomever you got the faulty item from

Pat from Canvey

I used to use an Inland glass grinder when making stained glass but do you mean you bought a flat lap. The Inland products work with UK plugs. My diamond band saw bought from Delphi glass in USA uses a transformer but I've had no problems with it. You can see a demo of the saw here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyqfO7GdyJ0    for those interested.