adding wings ...tutorial,hints tips please

Started by sarah t, August 18, 2011, 10:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah t

this is a prototype of something i am working on ...(new toy from bavarian beads ) which i am hoping to hit the christmas market with

the problem is the wings .....the only wing tutorial i can find are the bird ones which in theory would work i think but if any of you guys have a tutorial or any ideas/ hints /tips for adding wings that would be great

thanks
xx

sparrow

Hmmm....Pipyr has done a wing tutorial, but I think it's a bit more complicated than what you're aiming for.....what kind of wings are you after? There was also a Flow issue....two back? Three back? That had lots of wings.....will have a rummage...maybe somebody else knows off hand :)

(lovely angel, btw!)  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sarah t

i have been looking on you tube etc and it looks like doing them on a punty and keeping them warm then adding them might be the way forward ...scarry !!

i only want simple wings and the tutorials for dragon wings etc look to complicated and a lot of them are boro rather than soft ...i know the principles can be transferred but not sure my skills can be lol..

hay ho PPP  ;)

ScarletLeonard

I can't help but I'm in need of a wings tute.

Any wings atm all mine just end up as either huge dots or round lollipops.

Pat from Canvey

I do wings by putting successive swipes of glass along the side of whatever body I'm adding wings to. I start with a small swipe and gradually increase the size in a sort of thin S shape, ending each swipe slightly lower than the one before. It does depend on what shape you intend to determine your start point for the swipe. On your angel picture, the wing is already a little high  so I'd start at least just below the highest point of the existing wing, if that makes sense. To start, I'd do a quick drawing of your angel and pencil in some swipes to see if you get the effect you're after. That way, when you add glass for wings you'll know exactly what shape your wings will be. Does that make sense?

sarah t

thanks pat ...making a sketch of where the wings should start is a good idea

i think i will try the making wings on a punty idea and add them but i have not had any time to play ...i will spend a bit of time on them next week (hopefully)