Whats the lampwork bible?

Started by Mandy, August 15, 2011, 01:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Dee

PTF for me - I hope you enjoy it! ;D

turtle

for a noobie (i am definitely in that category) passing the flame has helped me tremendously.
totally recommended.
Chris

noora

I started out with a 2 day course, Passing the Flame, and this forum :D

Then I bought a couple of other books, but Passing the Flame is so pretty that I keep returning to that all the time.

Purple Cobwebs

I like Passing the Flame, but sometimes get a bit overwhelmed by it. Just too much to look at!!!

The book I always turn to if I need help and inspiration is "Creative Lampwork" by Joan Gordon. Her instructions and photos are so clear, and she covers all of the basics really well.
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Sarah9959

Without a doubt 'Passing the Flame'

I have most of the others, many of which are great, but PTF is THE book for beginners IMHO   :) :) :) :)

Shirl

I have this book "Creative Lampwork" by Joan Gordon. and I love it.

I would like to buy passing the flame, but dont want to pay out for this expensive book if its not what I am after. Is it just for beginners?

Blue Box Studio

My vote is for PTF as well.  I have several other books but this is the one I tend to go back to. 
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

MyPrecious

Passing the Flame is the one that taught me almost everything I know now.
Kathy

My website

Yellow friend

I don't think you can have enough books as they all have different things to offer.  All those suggested are in my library :) Another good source of info is gool old You Tube & here of course.

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Lakelady

Tried my local library today - they don't have the ones recommended by everyone unfortunately but there were a couple of others that I have requested.  My book wish list has grown substantially after reading what everyone has to say!!
Turner Rowe Glass Art

cbeadies

:) Not a book, but Red Hot Sal's lampworking DVD's are great too.

ruth

I can also recommend Sal's DVDs.  There are really great, lots of information and good demonsrations.

I am going to list the first 2 for re sale in a little while if you are interested. I have checked that reselling them is o.k. with Sal.

Ruth(sewnthings)
Frittering the children's inheritance.

cbeadies

Quote from: Josephine on August 15, 2011, 02:12:43 PM
Another vote for Beads of Glass here.

I've just bought this one after seeing the recommendations on here. It's a lovely book!  :)

awrylemming

Me too - it's a wonderful book, I wish I'd had it some time ago as much of this I've had to work out by trial and error, sometimes with little success!  I couldn't choose between that and PTF though, they're very different and offer different techniques.