Main Menu

Boro Gallery August 2011

Started by sparrow, August 05, 2011, 09:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awrylemming

They're gorgeous, I wish I could get anything like those colours.  :(

Kalorlo

I love the incense burner!

I had a go making boro marbles at Tuffnell's  - not used boro before, not made marbles before, so it was interesting! I made a teeny little implosion one to begin with, then a vortex. The vortex should have had a bigger opening, really, and the front needs flame polishing because it still has chill marks.

Here's the side of the vortex marble (and wow, the lighting really brought out the colours in this pic! Most of the time it looks duller).

There's another one, but they have it as I made it on Sunday afternoon and it was still hot when I was leaving!

sparrow

Hey, they're a bit good!!!! Well done!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Kalorlo

Thank you  :D

I got a little bit of boro to take home to have a go on my Minor - am guessing I'm going to be feeling the difference between working on that and on the Midrange with oxy, though...

Steampunkglass

They look great! Theres no stopping you now  ;) Love the beads too, some great colours there  ;D
QuoteThey're gorgeous, I wish I could get anything like those colours. 
It might be the colours you are using, some are really not very 'beginner freindly' or if you are only on one oxycon might be over reducing

Emerald

wow some lovely work love the colours you are able to get
Jo

www.etsy.com/shop/jowalker68
www.jowalkerstudiojeweller.co.uk
www.flickr.com/account

Pat from Canvey

Love the incense burner and those marbles are great Heather.

liquidglass

My goodness what some beautiful work on here so far this month ;D ;D :)

Lyn G

Love the marbles Heather, particularly this one.....

Quote from: Kalorlo on August 18, 2011, 09:39:34 AM

I can't believe that's your first attempt at marbles and boro!   :o

Kalorlo

I *have* done roundish off-mandrel soft glass pendants before, so the idea wasn't entirely new. It's the switching between punties and knocking them off that I'd never done! Emma demo'ed the vortex marbles for us, so I just did what she said  ;D

I think the colours they put out were all fairly well-behaved too (plus unobtainium).

Jacky67

great work everyone!! love the hands!!!!
cant wait till the kids go to school again so i will hace more torch time it's been a while for me

Jacky

garishglobes

I can't wait for school to start, either!   :D I love the holidays but by the end, am always quite glad to have time to concentrate again.

RSimmons

This is a sculpture of a dermatophyte fungus based on an image taken with a scanning electron microscope. The colors are based on the colony colors so they're pretty close to the real thing. It's about 8.5 inches tall.

The kids here are back in school and my time has been sharply reduced (I'm a professor).

Robert
Robert Simmons
Bead Donations Director
Beads of Courage, Inc.

garishglobes

I love that!  :) I sometimes think that the patterns glass colour forms look a bit like the images of metal I used to see under an electron microscope.