AUGUST 2011 - COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE!! WINNER NOW UP!!!

Started by Kaz, August 02, 2011, 10:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

That's very sweet of you Madeline, and totally unnecessary! But if you're asking, I like purples, teals, aquas :D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

sarah t

these are one of my 'mix and match' sets (think i get bored easily ;))

acid yellow,ivory,iris blue ,clear,aurea

Yellow friend

Love the butterflies Madeleine - & I wouldn't think you were copying Lorna's, your's have their own style but I know what you mean.  It often worries me if you get an inspiration from someone else's work - but who was the first to apply dots and make them into flowers etc., there are only so many ways you can apply stringer but then again I find its hard enough to copy my own stuff let alone anyone else's.(That's why I'm pants at sets :) )

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

turtle

ok here are my feeble attempts for this months challenge

Bright acid yellow base with Rubino oro

Transparent red With fine acid yellow stringer

Chris
Chris

k00m

Ooh, interesting reaction between the yellow and the rubino there Chris.  :)

I've pulled myself some twisties using Acid Yellow this morning so this afternoon I shall see if I can turn them into anything decent.  ::)
- Kerra -

Amber

I don't have any of this, I'm not really a yellow person  :P Very interesting to see what you're all doing with it though!

MadelineBunyan

I have discovered that I have 2 batches of this, one looks paler in the rod, thought it would cook the same...no, it cooks pale. I like it lots! pic later!

Pandanimal

Here are my acid yellow beads.
I'm very pleased with how these came out.
First, a set of tiny beads, 6 are acid yellow and the other 6 are mystic yellow. they are all wrapped round with lauscha teal stringer.

And a set of tabs made by gravity swirling acid yellow and mystic yellow, then encasing, then squishing!

MadelineBunyan

ooh, its yummy next to that turquoise!

here is a pic showing the 2 acid yellow batches I have

acid yellow and more acid yellow by madelinebunyan, on Flickr

awrylemming

I love this yellow (Tan converted me) and find it particularly lends itself to critters.

SDC10711 by awrylemming, on Flickr

Issa bhb chick innit?!

Red Dragon

A set of buttons done with Lush Julies Button press, and decorated using some homemade frit  made out of old Neals Yard blue glass bottles!!

Bob

GaysieMay

Yellow is not a colour I'm drawn to, but looking at all this treasure, I might have to reconsider, particularly nice buttons there Bob.  :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

polly put the kettle on

Very kindly Sue (awrylemming) sent me a couple of acid yellow rods so these are what i made

ring top 3 016 by sallyann joyce, on Flickr

a couple of ring tops and a small bead with home made Murrini

Sally xx

sallyx

rocky

Wow! This sure is the sunshine thread :) :) I love a bit of yellow. So bright and stand-out.

Here is my opal zest zingy offering
Deanne x

Dee Dee

Very cute! ;D

Quote from: awrylemming on August 15, 2011, 05:22:21 PM
I love this yellow (Tan converted me) and find it particularly lends itself to critters.

SDC10711 by awrylemming, on Flickr

Issa bhb chick innit?!