How large is your bench?

Started by LittleHen, July 10, 2007, 09:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Key Beads

Quote from: *rowanberry* on July 11, 2007, 06:04:53 PM
My cat thinks that the L shape is provide her with sleeping space in front of the kiln :D

Ha ha  Claire, my mog even decided an old towel I had on the end of the bench was put there for him to sleep on.  Over the weeks it turned into a pile of old towels for his bed!!!

Cats, don't ya just luv 'em?

Jeanette

*rowanberry*

its fun when all 3 of them decide they want that space next to the kiln :D

I try not to let them in if I dont have to (but sometimes they break in through the open window!) as they dont do kitty sized respirators for when I do enamels and silver!!!
Claire

Bee

Quote from: glassworks on July 11, 2007, 11:52:51 AM
but yet here you are, drawn like a bee to coke!!!!!... love ya!!!!

;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bee's prefer Pepsi... I should know!  ;) ;D :o ;D :D

My bench is also an ikea desk with a square of aluminum on it as well as a fireproof cloth to the side.

One Key Beads

Quote from: *rowanberry* on July 12, 2007, 11:09:11 AM
its fun when all 3 of them decide they want that space next to the kiln :D

I try not to let them in if I dont have to (but sometimes they break in through the open window!) as they dont do kitty sized respirators for when I do enamels and silver!!!

Hello Claire,

They do ya know?  When my poor old puss had breathing difficulties, we ended up getting her an inhaler, asthma spray, mask etc to help her breathe.  Didn't do any good for her though and she died two weeks later after treatment that just about bust the bank.  It was all very distressing, so best not to take chances.

Jeanette

*rowanberry*

Oh poor old puss :-(

Yeh, this is why I dont like them in there really if all that stuff is going on. I dont have kids, they are my "babies" so wanna keep them safe.
Claire

Stacy

My desk is a posh MFI one we have had for ages - Peter gets it back when we move although I am not sure he is going to want it when he realises how many pock marks are all over it (we didn't cover it with anything - silly me!)

One Key Beads

Quote from: *rowanberry* on July 12, 2007, 05:29:19 PM
Oh poor old puss :-(

Yeh, this is why I dont like them in there really if all that stuff is going on. I dont have kids, they are my "babies" so wanna keep them safe.

It wasn't very nice especially, for her - her name was Briony and this was long befor I had even thought of glass beads, so it wasn't down to me.  I'd don't know what I'd have done if my toys had made her sick.

Jeanette

GlassOcean

I was very lucky and managed to scrounge some cabinets from a cafe that was closing down, theya re a perfect height and fit into a U shape in my workshop.  (Sorry I am very new, is it a workshop or a studio?)

I tiled the long length and have got some lovely peices of slate that I have where it gets hottest.

One thing I Haven't figured out yet is how to fix my HH and mapp canister to the worktop yet?!?!?!

turnedlight

a rather knackered mdf workmate, with a bit of plumber's mat and a heatproof tile.. I have to put it away after each session :'(
kathryn

Maikki

My bench is about 75 x 120 cm and it about 1 m away from wall (or window actually), because there are other stuff between. We bought it from second hand to our kitchen when we were just married and had very little money. (So now, as a very rich handcrafter, I have new kitchen table... ;) ) I covered the wooden table with dark grey tiles so I could see the colour of HH flame better. Think tiles are better than metal cover also because they do not conduct heat so much.
Maija-Leena

Dizzy Di

My bench's came from BQ you need, stall to sit at them but they are a nice hight to stand as well only about 2 foot wide.  The good thing was they where cheap! One for hot head and one for minor,  mind you hot head bench has become dumping ground for silversmithing tools need to tidy up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that would be whole day off torch Nah minor wins! ::)
Dianne