A new glass working book

Started by Kaz, July 15, 2011, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Spotted this in one of the contributor's flickr album and then had a quick look on Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glass-Artists-Studio-Handbook-Contemporary/dp/1592536972
Don't think it's out til later in the month, but I will probably get it even though it's aimed at beginners.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Brink Beads

Just bought mine, said it was in stock so just 1-click ordered :-)

It did say that there are only 6 left in stock after my purchase.
xx
Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

theknittinggoddess

Thanks Kaz - that's prfect for me. Have just ordered.

Jx

Zeldazog

It does look like "just a nice book to have"... ;D

bbpiglet7

I'd be interested to hear your comments on it once you've had a chance to read it, as this might be a good Christmas gift for me from one of my sons   ;D

So would Passing The Flame.........  :P
Liz
x

Brink Beads

Received my copy this morning. 

Would recommend a cup of coffee and some quiet time to sit and read, its a lovely book for all aspects of glasswork and there are some really nice projects.  It has some very inspiring photos and background info in the gallery section.  Think I will be dipping into it on a regular basis (as i do with passing the flame and many other books) 

Think i'm a bit of a book-aholic...... is that a bad thing!!!!
Anyway its a rather nice piece of paper creation.

XX
Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

Margram

It looks like a good introduction to glass work. Happened to notice on p32 it recommends bleeding the pipes at the end of a session, without actually burning the gas - not ideal I would have thought, especially in a house or flat...
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

feebee64

I ordered my copy - but the kindle version. We are away in our caravan next week and I know I will be having major flame withdrawal issues, so this will be a nice way of easing the pain!! I have already packed Passing the Flame and don't think hubby will be happy about too many books, hence the ebook format. Have had a quick look and it looks good. I am very tempted to try glass fusing so hopefully this will help make my mind up.

Lyn G

Looks good.....I notice Emma Mackintosh is one of the contributing artists.   :) :)

Calico Cat

Just ordered a copy - couldn't resist the dragonfly on the cover . . . .

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

sea-thistle

I got mine this morning too, lovely book had a quick read with a cup of tea. Got to get on with some work now. Hope to have a read later on :)

theknittinggoddess

I've just had an email to say release of this has been delayed - so looks like Amazon have sold more of this than they expected. Due some time next week now - shame I have no patience.

GlassBeadArt

Oh no!!!
I just got some money from selling a few unused tools..and now I have to get me this book!!!

awrylemming

I didn't really like this book to be honest.  My copy is up for grabs if anybody wants it, I found it rather sketchy in all the areas it covered.  I feel dreadfully judgemental saying this, sorry.

Kaz

It's OK Sue! I feel the same and wish I'd waited to hear the verdict from others. Well, it's on the shelf with the others now but I did feel a bit underwhelmed tbh.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!