Which cillit bang?

Started by Blue Box Studio, July 10, 2011, 06:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Box Studio

Which cillit bang do I need to free my stuck beads - WD40 has failed me as has a good long soak.  I have the loo cleaner version, the kitchen grime and lime and the degreaser with bleach versions.  Throwing the mandrels is not an option, they are Manda's 5mm ones; a big  hammer is my next option.  Or a heat up in the kiln before being thrown in a bucket of water.

Also someone said (possibly Sal?) that it also works as an alternative to safety pickle when warmed ... again which one? 

I have a strange feeling I'm going cillit bang shopping again tomorrow.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Redhotsal

It IS the Grime and Lime version, however, the new formulation is not so good as it used to be. I do use it as a pickle though - you could try heating it up, but be careful not to breathe in any fumes.
If the beads are super stuck but you are more concerned about the mandrels you could try soaking in etch - that might shift the bead release?

Blue Box Studio

Sad as I am, I'm more concerned about the mandrels, they are Manda's nice chunky ones.  I guess the bead release had got a bit thin, although I had double dipped.

Thanks for the CB tip for pickle though.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

elburnzo

could always get the hard hat on n blow those suckers off the mandrels by shocking them off in the flame (ie switch on torch n stick the bead in without preheating). its a definate do not copy this at home kids as u'll have glass flying everywhere but the bead will be no more.

TracyJayne

Have you tried leaving them in the freezer for a while? the difference between the glass and metal contracting might just do the trick :)