Glass suggestions please...

Started by Brink Beads, June 28, 2011, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brink Beads

Can anyone suggest which opaque glass would be good to give a lovely 'magenta' colour??? ???
Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

Sulis (Hazel)

Would you say that magenta is the same as fuchsia? Avoiding any silver glass combinations, I'd say maybe Reichenbach Pink Lady?

xx
Hazel x

Brink Beads

I'd say it's pretty darn close to fuchsia with a hint of purple maybe!!! will check the pink lady out, thanks xxx

Isn't pink lady a transparent though?? I need an opaque xx
Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

Redhotsal

No true magenta - although some of the Bullseye colours come close.
You can encase Effetre periwinkle blue with rubino oro for a nice magenta/purple.

Brink Beads

Oooh Sally that sounds like a solution, I'll give it a go tonight  ;D
Thank you
Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

Fruddy

A couple of the silver glasses go a lovely opaque pinky/purple/magenta, when reduced/encased..

This is a mix of Clio and Kalypso, over ivory...

Redhotsal

Rolls tongue back into head............ :P
Slobber............

awrylemming

I'm with you on that one Sal, nom nom  :D

Blue Box Studio

Wowee Rachel, that's a gorgeous bead. 

[Can I borrow your kiln fairies?  Mine are fat, lazy, have a penchant for green and fail to turn up for work most days.]
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Brink Beads

This made a gorgeous colour but I need to make tiny flowers with the glass and when i pinch the petals the colours separate!!!

Quote from: Redhotsal on June 28, 2011, 12:52:02 PM
No true magenta - although some of the Bullseye colours come close.
You can encase Effetre periwinkle blue with rubino oro for a nice magenta/purple.
Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

Redhotsal

poop.....well - have you got any enamels? You can make nice colour mixes by mixing in enamel - say blue enamel into a pink rod. You have to mix really really well but they can create nice homogenous colours.

How are you making the flowers? Are they on the surface of the glass or are they encased?

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on June 29, 2011, 06:48:26 PM
[Can I borrow your kiln fairies?  Mine are fat, lazy, have a penchant for green and fail to turn up for work most days.]

Are they on strike today? Didn't know that Kiln fairies were public servants?  ;)

Steampunkglass

[Can I borrow your kiln fairies?  Mine are fat, lazy, have a penchant for green and fail to turn up for work most days.]

Are they on strike today? Didn't know that Kiln fairies were public servants?  ;)
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Brink Beads

No blue enamels  :(  These are the flowers I'm making

It's a bit of a dilemma xx

Quote from: Redhotsal on June 30, 2011, 02:25:24 PM
poop.....well - have you got any enamels? You can make nice colour mixes by mixing in enamel - say blue enamel into a pink rod. You have to mix really really well but they can create nice homogenous colours.

How are you making the flowers? Are they on the surface of the glass or are they encased?

Sara

www.brinkbeads.co.uk

Corinne Lacy

How cute are the flowers....want some !!!!

Corinne x