Chameleon

Oooo thats a beauty Glenn !!
Love the feet Emma
Marcel those are lovely orchids

garishglobes

Glenn, that's a stunner!!  :o :o

Hamilton Taylor

Hey Glenn, that's gorgeous!
Any tips on technique? I can rarely get implosions that deep, and when I do, it seems to be by pure chance...

Sean

Pat from Canvey

That marble is just stunning Glen.

Steampunkglass

Thank you everyone  ;D
Quote from: Hamilton Taylor on June 24, 2011, 07:45:46 AM
Hey Glenn, that's gorgeous!
Any tips on technique? I can rarely get implosions that deep, and when I do, it seems to be by pure chance...

Sean
Not sure I've got any tips, apart from way too much practise and a very full reject bin  ::) ::) ::)  :D :D I'm quite heavy handed with the initial implossion parts, it's difficult to describe but just after I've got the implossion going I tend to push down quite hard to get rid of the 'divot' hole at the bottom that seems to form. Doing that you see the colours push right out into the glass quite a way. After that I'm a little more gentle with it, but like you say alot of the times it's by chance too. This one was a bit of a cheat as it hadn't gone as deep into the glass as I wanted, and the petals had gone quite wide; I know from experiance that if I'd have formed it into a traditional marble shape the petals would have folded down the sides and not looked so good, so I formed the top into a wide lens to incorporate it. A happy accident as I've wanted to try and make these alot bigger.

garishglobes

As well as thinking the implosion is fabulous, I am just in awe of the size of it! 40mm is big!  :D :D

fionaess

That is so impressive Glenn - just beautiful.  I can't wait to see what those feet are going to be used on Emma  ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

garishglobes

sparrow

Ooooh, wow!!!!!! Oh my, what fabulous work on here! I'm shamelessly neglecting boro this month (apart from at Stacy's get-together) - must try harder!  :-\
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Steampunkglass

QuoteI blame Glenn!
Phew! I was worried I hadn't been around here enough to be a bad influence  ;) :D :D :D
Love the cheese, the mouse is so cute, and that certianly looks like a corker of a space marble/paperweight  ;D

garishglobes

Thanks  :) The planet still flattened out a bit but I think that may be inevitable, with a paperweight.

jammie

Ooooh love that planet Emma!  :)

awrylemming

Lovely paperweights Emma - I particularly love the cheesy implosion  :D  Although that does sound a bit like an ailment suffered after too much pizza!  :o

garishglobes

Well, here's my first attempt at a moving thing. It is for Cinderella, the idea of all the feet the footman had to try that glass slipper on before it fitted her dainty foot.
I got halfway through, chickened out and glued parts, but I think it would be quite hard not to. And I apologise for the music, but it was that or my OH complaining that I wasn't turning the handle as well as he did!!  ;D ;D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingbead/5887694399

sparrow

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D It's so fabulous!!!!!

Mine's very, very humble by comparision:

Job advert by Sabine Little, on Flickr
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial