Magazine tutorials - the ultimate list

Started by sparrow, June 07, 2011, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

I have started to wade through all my back copies of B&B, Making Jewellery and Bead and have started to update the first post. I will continue with this until I have done all of mine and then we can see if we can fill any gaps between us. It was actually a really interesting exercise and I am now going to make some of the beads from the tutorials.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

LilLizaJane

Can someone who knows how please make this a 'sticky' thread, so I don't lose it again before I can print it off?
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

LilLizaJane

maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

MadelineBunyan

nice one Kaz!

can I just add, the tut in bead by Nelli Rees is the same one as is in her book.

Kaz

I have now completed the B&B section other than April 2008 - if anyone has a copy can they let me know what the lampwork tutorial is so that I can complete it. And let me know if they want to sell the magazine as it's the only one I am missing!!!
I will start on filling the gaps in MJ over the weekend.
Anyone subscribe to Creative Beads and Jewellery - I have a couple of copies and I know there have been lampwork tutorials in there?
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Lush!

I have been sorting my mags out tonight!

Creative Beads & Jewellery Issue 2 and 3 - Sally Carver
I don't have Issue 2, but in Issue 3 Sally makes a lampwork cabochon ring
Issue 7, Rachel Bishop, using frit
Issue 11, me, Fire & Ice lampwork hearts

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Kaz

I have updated this list in the first post with absolutely everything I have except for The Flow - I will do those in the next few days as well.
Can anyone fill in on Bead or Creative Beads and Jewellery?
Kazx

Ilona

That is amazing Kaz, thanks, I will have a closer look tomorrow.

Trudi

I've got a tutorial in the August edition of Beads & Beyond!

Trudi

I'm in the October Issue of Beads & Beyond

Step 3 by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr
But the instructions for step 3 were cut short??? They missed out about adding creases

it should have read
Heat the end of the green stringer until it balls up, touch it to the bead and quickly swipe away to giving a leaf look. Using your razor, add a centre crease in each leaf and petal. Take your black stringer add a small dot in the centre of the flower.

Ops!

Trudi x

Pat from Canvey

I've just bought the latest (November) Making Jewellery magazine and there's a lampworking supplement. Emma Green, Julie Fountain and Sean Taylor are three of the five artists in it while our own Scarlet Leonard has a "Design and create your own chain" article on page 30. For those that love owls, there a retro glass owl tut by Dee Elgie.

Trudi

Ok then ... ref Jean's post in another thread this was the article I wrote for Beads & Beyond In December

B&B December by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

This one was in February

And this is in March

Beads and Beyond March 2012 by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

jammie

Trudi

This is in the May issue of Beads & Beyond!

I've written the button tutorial and I'm in Personal Space

Beads and Beyond May 2012 by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

Madam Steph

I bought this before the weekend, so now I have to locate it after Tom sorted all my mags away while I was up at Enderby  :o

I hate it that Making Jewellery seal theirs in a plastic bag so I can't see if there is a lampwork tute inside.
Does anyone know if there is one in this months (April or is is May?)

Linda x