Quick kiln help needed

Started by awrylemming, May 29, 2011, 02:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awrylemming

If I restart my kiln when it is up to temp already and has beads garaged, will it just go straight to holding temp for garaging again, or will it start overshooting.  My daughter pressed the button and turned the kiln off.  Help!

garishglobes

Restart it. It'll be fine. It should go back to garaging temp and work from there. Keep an eye on it to double-check, but it always has for me.  :)

garishglobes

Also....I have never needed a daughter to turn the kiln off for me - I've always done pretty well at messing it up all on my own!!  :D :D

awrylemming

Thanks for that - I've restarted it, and am watching it like a hawk.  It dropped down by 20 degrees, so I'm hoping the beads will be ok  :-\  Fortunately, there was nothing in there that I couldn't easily make again  ;D

dangerousbead

I did that recently, it wobbled about temp wise for a bit but eventually settled with no harm done.

garishglobes

I do it regularly! Sometimes, I even think I've pressed the right buttons only to find it has stopped. It always seems to right itself without too much difficult - and thank goodness boro is forgiving! :D  I would think all will be fine, though, even with soft glass  :)

awrylemming

I'll know in a coupla hours, if I'm still up.  I did hear a ping when it was ramping up, and suspect I've lost a flowery lentil that took ages to make.  Boo, hiss, need another oxy.  ;)

garishglobes

awrylemming

Oh no, I don't mean mines not well - another for boro  :D  As you say, it's more forgiving  ;D