Book recommendations please

Started by theknittinggoddess, May 29, 2011, 02:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theknittinggoddess

I'm about to buy a kiln (paragon sc2) - mainly for annealing beads but I'd also like to do some fusing and make small pieces for jewellery.

I bought the Petra Kaiser book - Introduction to Glass Fusing - but I'm not feeling very inspired by it. I suspect it's becausde it's very project driven and the projects aren't to my taste.

So if anyone could recommend books that you've used and loved I'll be happy to part with some cash.

Many thanks

Joy

Blue Box Studio

I think books can be a bit of a personal taste.  I've bought a few I've not enjoyed after recommendations so now I buy from Amazon, can always send back if you don't like (not that I get round to sending much back).
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

theknittinggoddess

Book choices are personal - but I am interested in what others would recommend and why. I know almost nothing about glass fusing and I'd like a book with plenty of information as well as pretty pictures to inspire me.

Zeldazog

I've found Brad Walker's Book 'Contemporary Fused Glass' is a good Book with lots of useful information in it - again, you'll perhaps find some of the projects aren't to your taste, but I found the ideas in it were easily adaptable using the techniques he suggests for your own designs.

I found it covered a lot of information, explaining differences in techniques and materials, etc, a good basic cover all book.

theknittinggoddess

Thank you - just treated myself!

I had a look in your etsy shop - and love your coasters.

Thanks again

Jx