Oooh, look what I f...maybe not ooh......

Started by sparrow, May 27, 2011, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

Has anybody ever used one of these?? ???

http://www.devardiglass.com/Tongpresses.htm

The hearts seem actually not symmetrical, but some of them look better than others??

???
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Kaz

Nope but it would explain the odd shapes of many of the Indian import beads ;D
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

sparrow

Yes, that's where I got it from - interestingly, people bought them to get consistent 'random pebble' shapes, and some of them have turned out truly beautiful!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Dragonfire Glass

I suppose there is only one way to find out for sure  ;D

ScarletLeonard

There are some lovely beads in the LE thread. I do like the idea behind the presses, great for multiple beads on a single mandrel.

one of those things where you want to really see it before committing to anything for me.

DeanWilson

Ooh interesting! I've got my heart set (see what I did there ;) :P) on a puffy heart press and I'd really love a lentil press for those days where you need a big glassy canvas to decorate. :P If only they weren't all in America with crazy scary shipping :P

Trudi

Quote from: DeanWilson on May 27, 2011, 09:53:35 PM
Ooh interesting! I've got my heart set (see what I did there ;) :P) on a puffy heart press and I'd really love a lentil press for those days where you need a big glassy canvas to decorate. :P If only they weren't all in America with crazy scary shipping :P
and customs charges ontop of that

DeanWilson

Yep, there's just SO much to worry about! And then it takes roughly 5 years to get over here too ::) :P

Les

Quote from: Kaz on May 27, 2011, 09:24:43 PM

that was my first thought too !

squirsygirl

Quote from: DeanWilson on May 27, 2011, 09:53:35 PM

I've put a big XL lentil press up for a swap Dean - If I don't swap it, you are welcome to borrow it for a while.

Kirsty

Nikki

Quote from: Lesley Jane on May 27, 2011, 10:56:43 PM
Quote from: Kaz on May 27, 2011, 09:24:43 PM

that was my first thought too !

That was my first thought too

Redkite

Looking at the site and the LE thread, I can't say I'm desperate to have one. Would rather save up for a Pegasus beadroller!

kerensky

After LOL - and then scrolling to the bottom where they seem to get worse, which Muppet really thought that these would be any good?

You really do get what you pay for.

DeanWilson

Quote from: Kirsty B on May 27, 2011, 11:21:23 PM
I've put a big XL lentil press up for a swap Dean - If I don't swap it, you are welcome to borrow it for a while.

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to reply before this!! Flip Kirsty! Nearly fell over, wow! :P That is SUCH a generous offer, being able to borrow one would be fantastic to get a feel for them.

...That said, I'm on a HH so an XL Lentil press may not do much for my sanity- I've gathered that they need a LOT of glass :P Also I've a few more exams to go so (cannot BELIEVE I'm saying this! :P) I have to decline as I can't be on the torch very often at the moment and wouldn't want to hassle you if I couldn't even get using it!! :P

Even so, thanks so much for the offer, I'm really touched ;D Maybe when I have a bit more time on my hands I'll go begging for a quick borrow but at the moment Hitler and Stalin are telling me to revise History for my exam :P

Dean :P ;D x