Terra Glass Comments on W/C

Started by CelticGlass, June 29, 2007, 09:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*rowanberry*

a crow landed on my head at Weston-super-mare seafront yesterday! Tony suggested it thought that my head was a big bunch of candyfloss!!!!

anyway - back to Terra :D
Claire

Billie

PMSL... Hope it didn't leave a little present... Although it's supposed to be lucky!!

Are people having better success with terra frit then..?

Redhotsal

Ha - fade to pink? If only I could get Terra to do that.
You would think that terra frit would work better based on Ray's "layering" theory, woudn't you? Don't know myself - only got rods.
Will post some pics later of my Terrattempts.

Vicki

Quote from: *rowanberry* on July 04, 2007, 01:31:12 PM
a crow landed on my head at Weston-super-mare seafront yesterday!

Arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Redhotsal

Ok - here are some of my Terra and Raku beads which I have been working on lately.
Hope the pictures load - can't be bothered mucking around with Photobucket, but one is largely Raku and the other is largely Terra. I have to say although people often aim to get the jewel-like colors out of Terra I think I prefer it when you get a subtler blue/green colours.

*rowanberry*

which one is what?

very nice anyway :-) my fave is the top set - NICE!!!!
Claire

Redhotsal

Top set is Raku, bottom is Terra.
Cheers
Sal

*rowanberry*

Both are luffly - but I remain still in the unfashionable group of people coz I prefer the raku :-) That top set is seriously scrumptious!

Here's something I did with Terra.. (i popped this on the jewellery section as well so I apologise for repeating). I did get some blues and purples but not as much as appearred before it went in the kiln.

In the end I embraced the sage green as I couldnt get shot of it and picked up on it in the ribbon, lol!

and heres another focal:

all of them came out nice at the start but went all poo in the kiln :-(

Give me raku/iris orange and I can get bright vivid colours out of it though with no problems!
Claire

Redhotsal

oh Claire, they're gorgeous (slobber!)

Caroline

oh those beads are lush

and if raku is unfashionable then so am i cause i love raku, not too keen on terra

LavenderCreek

Sal that top set is awesome! Who needs Terra when you can make raku do that?
Claire, I love the bead with the ribbons and silver, I'm not sure what it is but I love it  ;D

*rowanberry*

I dont even know what it is, lol!
Claire

*rowanberry*

Well I tried terra again and I think I goddit!!!!

The key is to let it really cool down before striking it - and also dont put it in the kiln when all the colours you want have come out, but put it in when its gone a dark brown and the purples and blues come out in the kiln. Also dont over-anneal them (hard if you are garaging!). I annealed these at 505c

Ray, I tried your theory of mixing all the layers up and I found that it didnt make any difference. i did it at the rod, mashing 2 rods up together as if I was mixing a colour.

They are actually brighter in real life and far less greeny than this pic seems to be showing, grrrr I got a lot of purples and blues.
(apologies for repeating what I've just put in show and tell but I thought it was also worth putting what I had found in this thread and how i did it).

Claire

Redhotsal

They're lush  :D - but making me feel really hungry for some reason   :P ???

glassworks

well done claire!!

they look stunning!!!

;D ;D ;D