AirSep Oxycon Servicing

Started by Jolene, May 09, 2011, 10:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolene

fingers crossed you find one quickly here's the manufacturers website http://www.airsep.com/index.html

dinah46

I'm wondering if the one that Martin sells will fit as they look to be similar, can't get Tuffers on the phone atm though ???

MadelineBunyan

Hmm...having heard Vonnie's super quiet one yesterday, I'm thinking mine might not be 100% happy.

its as loud if not louder than the old style one I have from Martin

oh, and thanks for the link to the manual

Jolene

Mine used to purr like a kitten until yesterday ;D

dinah46

Woohoo, I fixed my oxycon all by myself :D

I got this fan http://www.maplin.co.uk/230v-main-axial-fans-1810?ordercode=WY08J to replace the broken one and I now have 2 oxycons connected to my bobcat. Just tried it out for the first time and it's hot, hot, hot ;D

MadelineBunyan

dinah46

amareargentum

Yay!! Well done. And having two oxys is great. I got a second one at Flame Off and I love the heat.

jammie

Hya, my new to me oxycon is this kind and I am having trouble with it, can anyone help. The little ball is bouncing around and the oxygen surges and the torch whooshes and the little cones get big and the flame changes. I sent Martin a pic but he doesn't do these ones. 

amareargentum

I've got one of these that came from Q at Glassworks. I had a similar problem which was fixed by changing the internal filter. I would try contacting Q to see if you can get one from him. There was a thread about trying to get a job lot brought into the country but I'm not sure if it ever happened.

Good luck

ETA the oxycon maintenance sticky thread has instructions for changing the filter.

jammie

Ok thanks, wheres the oxycon sticky please?

jammie

Thanks!
Martins sending me a part, the black plastic barrel shaped  bit that is in the inside of the oxycon  behind the outside  blue valve and connects from the inside to the outside. Does anyone know what this does, is the blue valve meant to be turned any particular way, it looked closed at first but seems to be sealed from the inside?

amareargentum

Hi Jammie, do you have a copy of the service manual? If not then PM me your email address and I will mail you a copy.
It might help to answer your question.
Amanda x