Tuffnells Ventilation

Started by Beady Bean, April 13, 2011, 07:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beady Bean

Just after some feedback on Tuffnells new ventilation system from those lucky enough to go to FO (I was not one of them, so haven't seen it in action).

I'd looked into a Progro system, but then Martin mentioned they were launching a ventilation system...I'm waiting for some info to come through but in the meantime I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought of it (noise levels etc), and you recommendations.

Thanks
Ruth x

Les

Tuff's system is VERY quiet !!
I don't own it, but saw it in action at the FO :)

TracyJayne

I would have to agree, I used the minor which was positioned underneath it, and it was practically silent.

Redkite

I also saw it at FO and was impressed - very quiet and no vibration. The fact that you get the whole kit in one package is also very appealing. I would just suggest that the vent pipe is kept as straight as possible because it's the ribbed variety, which I've heard can be a bit inefficient at moving air along smoothly.

Beady Bean

Thanks for the feedback...it sounds good to me.

As soon as I get the info through from Martin (so the other half knows how it all works) I think I'll be placing my order!

Thanks again  :)
Ruth x

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Lesley Jane on April 13, 2011, 08:02:42 AM
Tuff's system is VERY quiet !!
I don't own it, but saw it in action at the FO :)

Unlike my Progrow, but then it stops me falling asleep onto the flame as I wait for my HH to melt glass on a cold day.

Progrow sell in-line fans too, not tried them, but Tuff's system is in-line where a lot of us use a box type fan from Progrow (probably a proper name for it).
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Beady Bean

Aahhh! Didn't realise it was an in-line fan...thanks! Shall do a bit more research into in-line and box type thingy fans! It's all a bit complicated  :-\
Ruth x