Main Menu

Stamen Help

Started by fionaess, April 07, 2011, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fionaess

My stamens in implosion pendants are getting very flat and blobbish ... they used not to be.  Any ideas on what Im doing wrong?

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

garishglobes

Poke them in?
Are you imploding too quickly or at a different angle to before?

Steampunkglass

Quote from: garishglobes on April 07, 2011, 06:37:58 PM
Poke them in?
Are you imploding too quickly or at a different angle to before?
wot I wondered too. Are you doing them first then adding the petal so they get to start imploding first. I sometimes find the ones right in the centre under the main rod don't implode so much. Maybe try a wider lot of spots and see if that helps?

fionaess

Dunno... I make the stamen dots... add petals and then implode the whole lot.... should I be imploding the stamen dots first a bit then add the petals or maybe melt the stamens a bit, give em a poke and then add petals and implode the lot.... The annoying thing is that I have implosions from 3 months ago with great stamens, but now they are flat blobs.....

Steampunkglass

I'd say poke 'em first, see if that helps, when I've started imploding them first I end up with stamens too long that go out too far and thin. If poking them to start them off doesn't work then try imploding a bit and see if that helps start them off  ???
QuoteThe annoying thing is that I have implosions from 3 months ago with great stamens, but now they are flat blobs.....
ain't that always the way, I've got a couple of techniques I used to get right, now they don't work at all  :-\

fionaess

Thanks Glenn and Emma - I'll have another go tonight.. mind you I would prefer long and skinny stamens to blobs

fionaess

garishglobes

Good stuff  :) It apparently helps avoid bubbles, too.