So you want to try boro on one oxycon?

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, March 17, 2011, 06:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Dragonfire Glass

garishglobes

Well worth a read for anyone wanting to try, this is just brilliant, and I adore the flame dancers  :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

MadelineBunyan

great stuff Tan! (boro itself, the write up, and the lil dancing dudes!)

oh you've made me remember the learning curve there, its been so long since I did any boro, on the midrange running on tanked oxy at college...

I did work a little boro on my bobcat a while back, but I just didn't have the patience to melt what I wanted to at the time.

too late for me though...2nd oxy and midrange plus arrived yesterday! am I sorry? not a bit!!!

alchemist

Karen x

turnedlight

Wow, Tan, I'm really inspired to try it!
kathryn

♥♥Tan♥♥

Go for it, if you have a big girls setup then you can certainly manage smaller pieces and its enough oomph to tell you if you like it enough to invest further. Kevins half rods are the perfect thing to try colour without breaking the bank.

awrylemming

Thanks Tan, you're making it so much easier to play  :D

♥♥Tan♥♥

Steampunkglass

It's amazing how much wellie you can get out of even a small torch like a minor, all I can add is if you get colours reducing too much put clear straight over them and they'll be fine as the clear then acts as a barrier to stop the colours changing colour any further  ;)

garishglobes

The other thing to try is actually encasing the rod with a thin layer of clear, and pulling stringer from that. It can be quite thick stringer (3mm or so)but the theory is the same, the clear stops the glass reacting with the reducing atmosphere too much. Works particularly well with Silver Tears, to my mind.

Fruddy

Thanks Tan....... that is JUST what I needed! ;D ;D ;D

Margram

Tan - you temptress! I love the purple thunder pendant :)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog