MARCH 2011 - COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE ... WINNER NOW UP !!!

Started by Kaz, March 07, 2011, 10:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudi

Super beads, the pink and green look great together!!

These are PA over anice white

2 of your 5 a Day (1) by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

Fern Gully by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

sea-thistle

helbels

Ok, well I gave it a go and can honestly say I'm not feeling the love for Green in general, but Poison Apple in particular!

I only had one rod of this colour, so had to be thrifty -  the centre lentil is Poison Apple, and half of the smallest lentils are also Poison Apple...

awrylemming

You have certainly done the green justice though Helen - they're lovely beads.

Amber

k00m

Poison Apple, White and Transparent Sage Green (which was being scummy, but I didn't notice until it was out of the kiln. Boo)
- Kerra -

helbels

Kalorlo

This one is inspired by Trudi's beads. I wanted to see what would happen if you also added mink to the mix, so this is poison apple and mink over anise white. My anise has gone more opaque than hers, and the centre between the colours has gone a bit curdled.

Poison apple with encased raku carrot murrini on the left. Look at the bright pink colour! Also yellow dots and SIS. On the other side I reduced and encased my murrini, just to see what would happen. This wasn't what I expected! But I was right that it probably wouldn't be a good idea. (I hadn't encased these murrini at all before - I always keep them on the surface, so this was an experiment).

These have a twistie of cocoa and latte macchiato and matching murrini, plus anise dots. I think the dots are a bit much - the twistie wasn't very visible when it was hot, so I overdecorated it. The murrini are a bit more interesting on this background, but they're still very muted.

Kaz

Lovely beads!
Raku doesn't like reduction, just striking (hence the pink colours from the hot clear) - it just goes murky!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Kalorlo

I know, I just wanted to try it for completeness' sake  :D

I was actually expecting the whole thing to just go silver. But it didn't!

sclar

A simple offering from me poison apple with flowers

Sarah
www.hargia.etsy.com

flowerjasper

Louise Menzies

Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

helenfc

oooh Louise, that is so fresh, makes me think of Festivals ;D

Louise Menzies

Its is quite BOLD for me lol, but seems at the sun is shinning :)
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com