Re: photos of your workspace

Started by Les, January 12, 2007, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindiDee

That's a terrific space Alison - well done to your hubby, you must be so proud of him!!  ;D

Barnacle Bay

That is a really good size, plenty of room and nicely fitted out too.

mizgeorge

Having been lucky enough to visit 137a, I can honestly say that it's one of the best thought out studios I've ever seen. Malc is a genius (of course), as well as being just a top bloke :D

Alison G

I've shown him everyone's replies, he's one in several million. Any man who would work 10 hr days, starting at 3am, and then drive 45 minutes each way to spend an hour and a half visiting his wife in hospital is priceless. The fact he did that for two years and then another in a care home...well!

Don't worry Sarah, the bench is far from tidy now! ;)
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

Calico Cat

That man is definitely a "keeper" - the studio looks great

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Les

chipperpottery

Well since this thread started,my studio has had a makeover.

Avalon Design Studio by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

Barnacle Bay

For Chipperpottery:  I have admired your studio on another thread.  Just a quick question regarding your kiln location, how close to the wall is it & any problems with the heat on the wall, or do you have a heat resistant backing on the wall, or do you move it to another location when its on?  Umm maybe not a quick question after all  :-\

Nick

Quote from: Barnacle Bay on August 06, 2013, 06:48:49 PM
 Just a quick question regarding your kiln location, how close to the wall is it & any problems with the heat on the wall, or do you have a heat resistant backing on the wall, or do you move it to another location when its on?  Umm maybe not a quick question after all  :-\

If it's of any help I use a CS2 and it is in a corner about 4 inches away from the back and side wall which are wood and I have had no problems.

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Nick on August 07, 2013, 10:42:10 PM
 Just a quick question regarding your kiln location, how close to the wall is it & any problems with the heat on the wall, or do you have a heat resistant backing on the wall, or do you move it to another location when its on?  Umm maybe not a quick question after all  :-\

If it's of any help I use a CS2 and it is in a corner about 4 inches away from the back and side wall which are wood and I have had no problems.

Same here.  Mine sites on a kiln shelf and some bricks, just to raise it up a bit for me (and 'cos the bits were handy)  but apart from that, not fried anything yet.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Les

It's great to see all these work spaces :) I can't wait to start building mine in a few weeks :D

chipperpottery

For Chipperpottery:  I have admired your studio on another thread.  Just a quick question regarding your kiln location, how close to the wall is it & any problems with the heat on the wall, or do you have a heat resistant backing on the wall, or do you move it to another location when its on?  Umm maybe not a quick question after all  :-\

It sits a little way out from the wall on slate tiles, no problem at all.

Krysia@No98

Quote from: Les on August 08, 2013, 09:40:53 AM
It's great to see all these work spaces :) I can't wait to start building mine in a few weeks :D

Im looking forward to seeing your new space too Les

And also looking forward to having my own new space too!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Les

Well ... to be fair, I should say when Phil the builder starts to build it, hehe. It won't be massive, but it'll be my little hidey hole :D

I bet you can't wait either !  ;D

Krysia@No98

I can't especially as the set up i have is in the process of being packed away ~sniff~
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-