Oxycon Setup - Help!

Started by Clare Scott, June 18, 2007, 06:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clare Scott

I`m SOOO Confused!

I`m looking to upgrade very soon (as some of you may already know - thanks for the torch adv!)

At the mo I have:

my hot head torch
propane tank
propane hose
propane regulator
propane flashback arrestor

Would like to know what else I am going to need.
I assume:
Oxycon
oxygen hose
oxygen regulator (?)
oxygen flashback arrestor (?)

Please let me know if I have forgotten anything.

Clare :D

Les

What torch are you going to upgrade to then ??

Oh, and with an oxycon you won't be needing a flashback or regulator :) therefore giving you even more money to spend on glass.... ;)

Caroline

as far as the oxygen thingies go you just need an oxycon, mine came with a hose to attach to the torch!

i don't think you need anything else except the little thingy's to attch the hoses, there name escapes me at the moment

Clare Scott

Cheers Les and Caroline,

I think I`m going to get a Minor, not sure yet. You know it gonna be quite expensive so I think this is the best option..at the mo!

:D

Mary

Jubilee clips, I think Caroline means. You take the HH connector off the hose, and push the hose onto the barb fittings on the torch, and fix with a jubliee clip. You'll get them at B&Q or a hardware shop. So really, you just need the oxy-con and the torch, andyou're ready to go! And maybe a c-clamp to hold the torch to your table if you don't want to screw it down.

Oxy-cons have built-in non-return valve thingies, and there is no reservoir of oxy, so flashback isn't the danger it would be with tanked.

It's quite a thought, isn't it? But worth it, I think!

Clare Scott

Oh Brilliant, less expense! I like you guys :D
Thanks again.
C :D

Caroline

Quote from: Mary on June 18, 2007, 11:18:40 PM
Jubilee clips, I think Caroline means.

that's the one's!!! i really couldn't remember their name, don't you just hate it when that happens

LittleMoo

Are jubilee clips still legal from a health & safety point of view? I thought you weren't allowed to use them anymore?

Mary

As far as I know, you need o rings or crimps on the propane hose, like quick connects and regulator, but I don't think they work on the torch fittings. They are tapered, o rings aren't really adjustable, and I couldn't get hold of any when I was setting up anyway, so that's my excuse!