Useful tips #1

Started by BeverleyH, January 04, 2007, 04:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeverleyH

Not sure this is that exciting as a tip but thought I'd christen this page.

If you want a handy gadget to keep your metal tools et al close at hand but out of the way, get yourself one of those metallic strips you can buy in kitchen gadget type shops that you 'stick' knives to and screw it to the wall in front/side of you. (I think mine came from Homebase).

Perfect to keep your knives, tweezers, mashers etc., to hand without fumbling around beneath you to find the right tool for the job.  Reduces the amount of workspace you need too.  (Doesn't work with stainless steel 'though).

Bev

Note to self: must work out how to add my avatar.

Les

great tip there... they work a treat :D

To alter your avatar... just click on the profile button at the top of the threads, and then click on the forum profile information option to the left of the page..

HTH

Les xx

BeverleyH

Thanks for that Les I'll have a furtle in a mo.

Am I right in thinking that the time clock is a bit askew?  My post says 11.50 something and it's actually 17.00??

annasjewellerybox

ooo, cool tip bev, i'm at the moment convincing my father i need all types of storage, so i might try this one to!

I think the clock is out slightly, just can't figure out whose time zone we're in!

astringofbeads

Bev, to change the clock go into profile and then click look and layout preferences, set the clock to +5
Great Tip there, Thanx

Billie

Think we're on the east coast of the States at the noment.  You can go into your profile and change it... I did it earlier and have forgotten how   :-\

Les

after all the griome and damp waether... i know where I'd rather be... LOL

LesleyMac

Well I managed to sort the clock, minor miracle.
Thanks for the tip Beverley, its things like that make life easier.

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

BeverleyH

Thanks for the clock heads up girls!  Sussed it out.  It's obviously done that way in case there are a number of people in different time zones I guess.  That's better.  Thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a minute.....

afro.gif

There, I've put him in again.  Just for the sheer hell of it...... :)

LesleyMac

I think we are all in the Twilight Zone on here. :)
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

CelticGlass

Useful tip.... Don't go to Majorca on a bogey otherwise your sunk.. cos Bogeys are just not sea worthy.. Derek and Clive Live -AKA Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.

Les

The worst job I ever 'ad..... was picking crabs out of............ :P

BeverleyH

Quote from: Les on January 07, 2007, 11:44:17 PM

......... something to do with Jane Russell I seem to remember (or was it Jayne Mansfield?)

Now we're showing our ages......  :-X

Les

CelticGlass

Quote from: BeverleyH on January 07, 2007, 11:50:14 PM
Quote from: Les on January 07, 2007, 11:44:17 PM

......... something to do with Jane Russell I seem to remember (or was it Jayne Mansfield?)

Now we're showing our ages......? :-X

My father told me about it...NOT...  Still got the LP somewhere...  was an under the counter jobby I bought in 1976. Hilarious !!!!