Anyone here work with bullseye?

Started by bubblefizz, June 13, 2007, 09:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblefizz

If so what do you think of it?
whats it like to work with?
and most of all where the heck do you buy it? lol ;D i only know of warmglass!

MyPrecious

Kathy

My website

Sulis (Hazel)

I can supply Bullseye if you're interested. Just putting together a list of what I can get hold of - prices are pretty reasonable. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?
Hazel x

bubblefizz

Hya Hazel, well im not looking for anything inparticular yet, i just want to try it out ::)

but i love pinks and purples lilacs etc... ;D ;D

Billie

I admire you Angie.  You love experimenting with new stuff  ;D

Sulis (Hazel)

How about a trial bundle of pinks/purples and a couple of complimentary colours? I'm not a proper supplier yet (just thinking about setting up), so would need to work out a price for you, then postage would be at cost anyway so shouldn't be expensive. How much are you looking to spend roughly? If you want to pay via Paypal, I could even post out to you straight away so you could be playing with Bullseye by the weekend  ;) It's great fun! An added bonus is that you can use rods but also sheet glass, dichro stringers and dichro frit, ordinary frits, powders and all sorts of compatible inclusions - the possibilities are very interesting to say the least  ;D   My supplier does all those too!

PM me with your request and I'll see what I can get hold of for you. Any excuse for a lunchtime trip to drool over glass ;)
Hazel x

fosterfire

Just wait until you try transparent neo-lavender over their red or over their pink!!  It's absolutely hot, hot hot!!

Sulis (Hazel)

Oooh - I think I picked up some of that  ;) Looks yummy to me!
Hazel x

petrahergarden

I use sometimes Bullseye because the lovely colours, and for clear i use Schott 90 rods, works very well

Dietmar

Yep, Bullseye has a lot of different colors. I love their old Ringmottled styles, because I like to play with the opacifier. They have two very interesting shades of aventurin green and sometimes aventurin blue. All these metallic colors are very usefull partners in color mixing.

For a nice sparcling spring green mix (not fully complete) opaque yellow and some dark aventurin green.

Try also the two colored streaky styles for base beads and spacers. They make a nice variety of shades and striations for spacers. If you add most of the glass by dotting instead of winding in layers, the beads get a total different patern.

The SCHOTT AR-glass has a much higher viscosity than BULLSEYE. The viscosity of Uroboros COE90 glass is in between AR and Bullseye. Try to use it to your advantage.

Moira HFG

I love the way threads are reappearing!

I sometimes work with Bullseye rods, it's quite firm and seems to hold the heat well, which is excellent for sculptural work.

You can get the rods - also frit - from Warm Glass (UK), or from Glass Studio Supplies. If you have sheets of Bullseye you can slice them and use that, but rods are nicer to work with.

Here's something I made recently. The base bead is in Bullseye Seaweed - it's a lovely streaky green with aventurine sparkles!

Lily bead

Lily bead back

beadysam

I have never tried Bullseye, but some of the colours are very lickable!   I have always been impressed their website and educational content too.  I must get some when I have some spare dosh,  and Satake glass is another one on my must try list! 

Moira that flower is a stunner!!!

Margram

Trudi (glitteringprize) uses bullseye for the gorgeous pinks, I seem to recall.
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog