Main Menu

Chains for Boro Pendants

Started by Stacy, January 25, 2011, 09:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacy

I'm trying to find some chains to sell alongside my pendants when I set up my Etsy shop.

I originally thought snake chains would be the best as they are quite durable for heavier pendants plus they have a nice strong look. My pendants are quite chunky and and I think that a thin chain will look silly.

I'm thinking of offering a choice of a chain or leather thong.

As I'm a bit rubbish at making decisions I thought I would ask on here for peoples thoughts about the best things to put boro pendants on?

Les

I think that that ball chain stuff looks lovely  ... don't know what the technical term for it is though ...

Trudi

Might help if you posted a few sample pics of the pendants.

garishglobes

I tend to put a leather thong with my pendants because it means a pendant can be worn straight away and it is inexpensive - if I was going to offer an upgrade, I'd definitely look at a heavier snake chain, box chain or that ball stuff (I don't know the techie term either!).

Steampunkglass

Quote from: garishglobes on January 25, 2011, 10:32:11 AM
I tend to put a leather thong with my pendants because it means a pendant can be worn straight away and it is inexpensive - if I was going to offer an upgrade, I'd definitely look at a heavier snake chain, box chain or that ball stuff (I don't know the techie term either!).
Same here! I was going to go for snake chain too, it looks really nice with it, but it can be expensive and you might need a selection of sizes, so I figured it better to go for leather with silver crimps as it's less expensive, also silicone rubber look and works really well too (plus you can get it in clear too!)

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

ScarletLeonard

Mail chain or Viking knit?

But I agree a leather cord is nice, easy and a lot cheaper to be included with the pendant, giving you the option to add more expensive chains separately so people have the choice.

Ribbons and faux suede are lovely too and suitable for vegans and also nice and cheap that would give 3 basic options that are pretty and easy to do.