Annealing beads

Started by Marionbead, June 07, 2007, 12:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marionbead

2 Questions Lee - I have a Paragon Caldera with a bead door and a Sentry Express controller.

1) When I anneal beads straight from the torch I put them in at 537 centigrade and then soak for one hour and then take the temp down to 371 centrigrade at a rate of 222 per hour.  Firstly does this sound right? It's what the manual said.

2) When annealing beads from cold how quickly can I take up the temp to 537? At the moment I have 3 segments programmed i) rate of 999 centrigrade up to 350 centigrade.
ii) rate of 222 centrigrade up to 537 centrigrade, hold for 1 hour. iii) rate of 222 centrigrade down to 371 centrigrade.  Can I skip a segment and go from cold up to 537, if so what rate should I use?  There were no instructions for this in my manual.

Thanks very much, Marion

Billie

Quote from: Marionbead on June 07, 2007, 12:13:14 AM
2 Questions Lee - I have a Paragon Caldera with a bead door and a Sentry Express controller.

1) When I anneal beads straight from the torch I put them in at 537 centigrade and then soak for one hour and then take the temp down to 371 centrigrade at a rate of 222 per hour.  Firstly does this sound right? It's what the manual said.

2) When annealing beads from cold how quickly can I take up the temp to 537? At the moment I have 3 segments programmed i) rate of 999 centrigrade up to 350 centigrade.
ii) rate of 222 centrigrade up to 537 centrigrade, hold for 1 hour. iii) rate of 222 centrigrade down to 371 centrigrade.  Can I skip a segment and go from cold up to 537, if so what rate should I use?  There were no instructions for this in my manual.

Thanks very much, Marion

I have a caldera and use exactly the same garaging and as you go annealing programs posted under the SC2 annealing thread.  If you do a search for batch anneal and as you go from the HOME tab you should find them.  Haven't had any problems with my beads so far...  ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

Billie

♥♥Tan♥♥

Billie

I'm ice cold baby  ;)

8) 8) Ha, ha, ha!

♥♥Tan♥♥

OMG do you remember Vanilla Ice...soo cool at the time but now.....cringe!!

Billie

Yeah, I saw him on TV the other day.  He was saying if it wasn't for him Eminem wouldn't be so big now... He laid the groundwork... Ha, ha, ha!  Off his razored little head.."

Marionbead

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Billie :)

Billie

Lee - Kilncare

Flamin heck, been mega busy so I've been relying on e-mail notification when there is a new question and I havn't recieved any. Must of pressed a wrong button or something. Anyway sorry I haven't replied sooner but it looks like you are now sorted.

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732