Can i use the nortel minor for boro

Started by the lady with the lamp, January 09, 2011, 11:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the lady with the lamp

;D Just orderd my minor so just wonderd if i could us it for boro if i wanted to thanks Parin

greenbeadenvy

Congrats on the new torch  ;D I love my Minor and have used Boro with it but only with tanked oxygen. I did try using the oxy con but lost the will to torch waiting for it to melt LOL
Emma xx

Steampunkglass

Yes, you can use it with a minor, but you will find it slower and it will be hard to melt anything too thick. Plus on some colours you might have problems with colours going muddy or not playing so well. If you add a second oxy then it will be much better, I used to make marbles up to about 25-30mm diameter without too many problems with two oxys and a minor.

garishglobes

Wot they said  :D

If you want to try, I'd suggest going with loads of clear and small amounts of colour. Use stringers because they melt quicker and use the colour inside where possible. The colours will be far better with 2 oxys though.

the lady with the lamp

;D Thanks for all the input was going to us it with an oxy bottle regards Parin

garishglobes

With an oxy bottle, you should stand an excellent chance  ;D ;D

stuwaudby

My minor works fine with two oxycons running. A single 5 litre/min oxycon will be slow for boro.