urgent advice needed

Started by catriona, January 08, 2011, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catriona

sorry mods didn't know where to put this feel free to move.

My question is can i use sataki glass on a minor if i work it cool .Or even a hot head .
My son is going to the sataki factory shop tomorrow and is going to get me some but i thought i better check first any advice welcome please .
  thanks  xxcatxx

Shirley

I've got some, not used it yet, but yes, I believe you can use it as long as you work it cool. You might need long arms to hold it away from the torch head!

Lucky you!
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Josephine

Don't forget there are two types of Sataki, the soda glass and the other range that has a lot of lead in. Make sure he gets the right one.

catriona

Thanks Shirley thats great yes i,m very luck he hunted all around to fine the place then it turned out that one off his friends lives round the corner from it so she,s going to meet him to translate He,s also gettin me tools and the tomi-dama book is for my birthday and xmas and he,s home Fiday mind he,s the only gift i want havent seen him for a year.
Thanks again xxcatxx

Lush!

Yes, you can but you might be better off on your hothead.  I boiled the snot out of it when I tried - but I am on a Minnow with 2 oxycons  :D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

AnnaSpanna

It is best done on a HH rather than a minor and you will need to work it very cool or the colours will simply boil away. If you get it right the glass has a lovely ethereal quality to it. There are a couple of Japanese MA and research students at uni and they are awesome on the torches!

catriona

Thanks guys to be honest if i had the money i,d get him to bring me a air torch home .
Never mind i,ll try my torch and see what happens if i cant do it i,ll buy a hot head and try that.

thanks again xxcatxx