Wrong programe

Started by Lotti, December 31, 2010, 12:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

Wanted to do a test fire on my new bead cube, theoretically to do a batch anneal on some of my rubbish beads, but I have set the programe to 1 and not to 2, so it is going to do a full anneal, I guess I cannot change it!  What should I do?  Don't think Lee will be there today (ps I did press a button and it looked like it did change to programe 2 (batch anneal, but not sure) silly day to do a test really!).  Suppose I can't turn it off?

Thanks for your help.  Lotti (ps I suppose first time firing it is going to smell a bit too isn't it? )

Kalorlo

All you need to do is skip the garaging segment by holding down the up arrow until it beeps. It'll say 2 instead of 1 on the segment counter when you do that. Then just leave it and it'll anneal them.

Programme 1 goes to full temperature fast, so generally you don't want to do that when batch annealing just in case you make the beads crack. Should be fine, though.

Lotti

Thanks Heather.  I will try that.  These are rubbish beads anyway, have already been annealed, and were for the bin so thought they would be good to test with as it doesn't matter if anything happens to them, I just didn't want to damage the kiln on first go.  The first time is so nerve racking, tomorrow it will be firing up the torch for the first time and I have butterflies just thinking about it! :)