Main Menu

Raku

Started by chipperpottery, December 02, 2010, 08:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipperpottery

Please help, I have just bought a tutoria,l and some of the glass is Raku, but I don't know what make and can't find it. Anyone know please.

Rita

Trudi

It's often called Iris Orange - look for Iris Orange Reichenbach on Tuffnells, Off-Mandrel or Beady Sam!!

You could probably also try dark multi too!

chipperpottery

I just love this site and all of you......I knew someone would help, also I do have some iris orange  ::) ::)

Trudi

happy days - to get best results from the raku - give it lots of heat, allow to cool and warm gently!

Have fun!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Don't let it beat you, it can be a difficult glass to work but don't give up because it gives the most gorgeous colours, just play play play and it will happen

helenfc

which tutorial did you get rita? :)

chipperpottery

WEll I maybe running before I can walk....but......I have Lydia Muell Tutorial, Somewhere on this site I saw the most gorgous heart and so I purchased one of her tuts.  ::)

julieHB

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Lotti

I understand that you need to cool it quite alot to get the best out of it and heat it again, what's the best way folks have found of doing this without the glass getting upset about it!  I have heard that blowing on it can work? :)

helenfc

there is a fab thread about it on LE lotti,
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20601
tis very long though, make sure you are comfy!!
HTH x

♥♥Tan♥♥

I work with it as I would any normal glass when I get the dark brown patches I waft them quickly back into the flame and the colours usually come out of them.

beadysam

If you would like a mixed bundle with some Iris Orange in 96coe and 104coe, Magic, Multicolour and Multicolour Dark and some Chalcedony I can sort that out for you, just drop me a pm. ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

Now that sounds like a damn fine bundle ;D

Ness

Quote from: Tan on December 09, 2010, 08:04:29 AM
Now that sounds like a damn fine bundle ;D

Yes, it certainly does!  Just have some fun and play with the colours, it's the best way to get to know these glasses.