Main Menu

Where to buy boro?

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, November 24, 2010, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awrylemming

I've only just placed an order with Franz at the beginning of the week  :(  If I put another in any time soon, I'll pm you hun.  It is working out a fair bit cheaper.  I placed an order with a Canadian company http://www.morettiglasscanada.com/ and after a couple of emails they were happy to send my parcel out cheapest option, which halved the postage.  Don't know if they do any boro tho - however they do have pineapple sparkle in stock  ;D

ETA They do stock boro sometimes, they have clear, but it's always worth emailing Priscille for a chat about what they can and can't get.  They have been very accommodating so far.

Nick

Hi

I got some boro from Plowden and Thompson.
They have coloured rods and plenty of clear rods and tube in many sizes. If you can call in they are really helpful if not here is the contact details.    

PLOWDEN AND THOMPSON LTD
GLASS MANUFACTURERS
DIAL GLASSWORKS
STEWKINS
STOURBRIDGE
WEST MIDLANDS
DY8 4YN
TEL 01384 393398
FAX 01384 376638

Hope this helps

♥♥Tan♥♥

Thankyou Nick, I gave them a call and they promised to email me a price list of boro colours, I will post it here so we all have an idea of prices.

garishglobes

...remembering that the prices P&T charge are for half-rods.... otherwise, they look fabulously cheap!  :D

♥♥Tan♥♥

Aaaaa never let that one slip on the phone :D

julieHB

I don't know anything about the prices, but there's a German company which sells momka and other boro glass as well - might worth a look: http://g-v-b.de/index_en.htm
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

♥♥Tan♥♥

Good find Julie but I'm a little wary not being able to use paypal with a company I don't know :-[

Steampunkglass

Great link though, they have flat clear boro which I've read about but not seen any suppliers for. Sadly, I think it would cost a fortune to get a few panes as they talk about shipping by the pallet!

julieHB

ooops, sorry about that - just looked at the glass they supplied  :-[ :D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Steampunkglass

They do coloured rods too, prices look really reasonable too!  ;D

garishglobes

I couldn't work the prices out!  ::) As far as I could see some rods were 0.13 Euros per 1,000gms and I just know that isn't right! I'm guessing it is 0.13 but per gram which would make a lot more sense and works out at 13 Euros per 100g if I've done my sums right. That is reasonable, but you need to add German VAT which I think is 20%, and then shipping.

I am really interested in all that coloured tubing though  :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

The site confused me, when I clicked on the shop it went back to German and I could only get pdfs and no online shop?

Sue, I'm so sorry, I missed your post. It's Frantz' site that is tempting me with shorts but the shipping is scaring the pants off me

garishglobes

Tan, ABR have shorts too (it is hot in the US  :D ) and trevsglass do Momka shorts. I believe Trev's grandma is really helpful  :)

fionaess

Quote from: garishglobes on November 25, 2010, 02:22:26 PM
...remembering that the prices P&T charge are for half-rods.... otherwise, they look fabulously cheap!  :D
Yes... they only have half rods.   I have bought from Christina at Frit n Glas and had brilliant service, great prices and she has a really good selection - and no customs charges :) :) :)

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

fionaess

Quote from: garishglobes on November 25, 2010, 08:23:17 PM
Tan, ABR have shorts too (it is hot in the US  :D ) and trevsglass do Momka shorts. I believe Trev's grandma is really helpful  :)

Trevs Grandma is just lovely... I can't speak highly enough of that lady :)

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !