Main Menu

Where to buy boro?

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, November 24, 2010, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

QuoteI couldn't work the prices out!   
The more I looked the more confused I got too!  :-[ I found one of the pdf with prices for dichroic printed with pattens and designs, and they looked quite reasonable, but the rod prices did seem a bit of a strange way of listing them. I'm guessing it should be 0.13 euros per gram?  ??? so if a coloured rod averages about 31g that would make it about 4euros? Maybe????  ??? ??? ??? It was the flat boro I fancied playing with (The Milton Townsend book shows him making wings with flat sheets of pyrex) but I don't fancy trying to order one huge 2x4ft sheet of boro for me to turn it into a melted mess!

♥♥Tan♥♥

I wonder if there is a european boro supplier out there? Can you imagine the surprise they would have when we found out about them and there was this sudden rash of english orders!!

fionaess

Simax is European... but I dont know of any coloured boro producers in Europe - only China or the USA

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

♥♥Tan♥♥

It's such a shame really. The suppliers we do have are limited because its such a small community and because we are such a small community we don't have enough buying power, it's going round in circles at its finest :D

JKC

Off - mandrel now stocks Momka as well as other boro stuff.  Yay!