Main Menu

Wierd striking pattern

Started by garishglobes, November 24, 2010, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garishglobes

I made this face yesterday, tried striking it several times but whatever I did, that mask pattern round the eyes just stayed stubbornly unstruck. It is wierd, I don't know if something about the face contours means the area round the eyes gets a different amount of heat or whether the white on the eyes has stopped the striking - neither quite makes sense, and it isn't usually anything like this pronounced, but whatever was going on, that area has ended up like a panda's eyes!!

Thoughts, anyone???

striking eyes by Flying Bead, on Flickr

Steampunkglass

Not really any ideas, appart from it's boro and has a mind of its own!  ::) Which glass is it?

The only thing I can think of is maybe when you put on the eyes the extra heat around them caused the change? Is it safe to blast it around the area to see if thats caused more fume to build up which is stopping the strike? The time's I've had similar effects is when I've not heated it enough initially, thats the only things I can think of

garishglobes

ahhhhh, yes that is a point. I do tend to give the area round the eyes a good blast, first to push sockets in and then to push the eyes in.
It does look as if the glass has 'reset' - but it is odd that it is refusing to re-strike.. I have a feeling it's Caramelo Lite - it got more heat than usual so went transparent and didn't quite act like Caramelo Lite normally does for me. Maybe it is just one of those strange moments boro is so good at!

julieHB

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

garishglobes

I think it is going to have to be a her  :D The only possible name is Panda (short for Pandora)  :D

julieHB

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Steampunkglass

Quote from: garishglobes on November 24, 2010, 02:49:53 PM
The only possible name is Panda (short for Pandora)  :D
Nah, it should be black around the eyes to call her Panda  :P.......... I'll get my coat.......... ::) ::)

garishglobes

I was thinking maybe she'd just had too much on the sunbed...  :D

fionaess

How clever of you to make the masked perriot from the Comedia del Arte   ;D ;D ;D ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !