Demonstration Risk Assessment

Started by sublimekate, November 19, 2010, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublimekate

I'm demonstrating at a Christmas fair soon and the organisers have asked me to supply a risk assessment. This might seem a little lazy cheeky  ::) but rather than reinvent the wheel and all that, I wondered if any of you clever folks might already have done something like this that you would be willing to share with me.....pretty please  :-*

Kate xxxxx

chipperpottery

I just look at anything that maybe a risk and then, the conseqnences and what I have done to eliminate the risk.
Example. by means of notices done in bold print and by picture recognition or screens.

Billie

Something like, "people see pretty flame, people want to touch flame, people get a bit burnty"..?  ;D

I think Sarah/Silver Lemon has demonstrated at fairs, and obviously people like Martin... Could you approach them?

sublimekate

Quote from: Billie on November 19, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
Something like, "people see pretty flame, people want to touch flame, people get a bit burnty"..?  ;D

LOL

Quote from: chipperpottery on November 19, 2010, 01:27:11 PM
I just look at anything that maybe a risk and then, the conseqnences and what I have done to eliminate the risk.
Example. by means of notices done in bold print and by picture recognition or screens.

:) Thanks xx

AnnaSpanna

A really simple way of doing a risk assessment is by using a three column formet.

Column 1: Risk/factor
column 2: how may is be a risk
Column 3: Management of Risk

eg

Factor                            Considersation                                                Management

Gas canister               dangerous to public - pipes, gas leaks             To be placed in well ventilated area,
                                                                                              ensure pipes are secured away from walkways

Open Flame                potential for burns                                      ensure public are kept at a safe distance from flame
                                                                                              Provide eye protection/safety screen
                                                                                              Display sign to inform public of prescence of open flame

Sorry I haven't got one for a craft fair but I could give you some risk assessments on the range danger area of a 51mm mortar or trhe backblast perimeter of the LAW 94 Anti tank weapon system.... perhaps not huh?!

Lush!

I've got a copy of the one I did for the Malvern Show, Kate - I'll email it to you.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

sublimekate

Thank you both Anna and Lush  :-*

Think I'm good now thanks so much.

kate xxxx