Balancing bracelet question!

Started by cbeadies, November 17, 2010, 08:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbeadies

Hi, I am busy making my stash of beads into bracelets at last. I am using toggle clasps...so far so good, but I am finding that when I wear the bracelets they always seem to twist round quite quickly so that the clasp is uppermost on the wrist and not the beads. I end up twisting the bracelet back to position every five minutes.

I guess I am maybe using clasps that are too light in weight for the beads but I don't want to end up with huge expensive clasps unless for a very special item, my beads aren't good enough yet!

Do any of you find a similar problem and have any solution? Thanks in advance.

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I must admit I just thought it was a matter of making the bracelet tight enough that it couldn't slip round.
Surely you are going to have your wrist in all different positions so the weight of the toggle would not prevent the bracelet moving  ???

SilverGems89

i have never had a bracelet, lampie beads or not that doesnt slip around the wrist, i tend to just not pay much attention to wether the clasp is on top or not  ;)

Kaz

I would always put a counterweight in place by way of decoration e.g. a dangly bead or charm suspended from the jump ring that holds the clasp or nearby. Theoretically this helps to keep the clasp on the inside of the wrist.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

cbeadies

Thank you everyone! I will try adding a couple of dangles to see if it makes a difference, otherwise I won't worry about it. I think maybe I am being too fussy!  ::)  Just didn't want to give / sell them if I was making some design 'fault' that would be commented on!

JaySpangles

I find a decent size dangle next to the clasp/toggle is a big help.

Nia

Yes, a good sized charm or dangle near the clasp seems to work well. Don't be tempted to make the bracelet any tighter, especially if you are using a toggle clasp, as it will put far too much strain on the piece. With toggle clasps, you need a little extra room for manouevre. Besides which, tight bracelets are just so unflattering.
Nia xx
www.gemwaithnia.co.uk
www.flickr.com/photos/gemwaithnia/

★★Terri★★

I've got a bracelet watch that does that...........clasp on top of my wrist....watch face hidden away under, or to the side.  It's really annoying, but it's a lovely watch ;D

Cecilia

I make them on the pre-made elaticated scrunched up chain bracelets and then there is no problem balancing the clasp because there isn't one. They are very easy to wear and quite blingy (is that a word?)

X