Main Menu

oxygen or concentrator

Started by burntfingers, November 07, 2010, 02:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntfingers

Well i am looking to make some beads in boro and i find humping the tanks such a pain,is it possible to melt boro with a concentrator and were can i get a used one that has been fully refurbished but the price of buying one is crucial and is it possible to get it around 10 lpm -8psi ......thanks cj

Stacy

It is certainly possible to melt boro with a concentrator or two depending on the size and output but you need to consider the torch you are using to. What are you setup with at the moment?

I know Martin at Tuffnell Glass sells new 10ltr oxycons for £1750.00, not sure about reconditioned though.
I also know of at least 1 person who was lucky on ebay and got one for a decent price but can't remember if it was new or reconditioned. As far as I am aware though these opportunities are a rarity, on a par with Rocking Horse ****.   :)

burntfingers

Thanks Stacy really don't now why they are being sold at this sort of price £1750-00 its out of my league for ever :o i run a barracuda its a beautiful torch to run but i now it will at least need 2 cons at around 8 lpm to get the outer fire working to around 80% of its capability,that's 2x£1750=£3500 no way its a hobby to me,back to humping the tanks i think ;D

SilverGems89

the £1750 are 10lpm and brand new (not reconditioned) however Tuffnells also sell 5lpm reconditioned units for £235 each, of which you would need 2 obviously

Ian R Pearson

I use a Y size oxy cylinder. easy to move/carry

Ian

Hamilton Taylor

I run a barracuda on 4x5lpm oxycons. The barracuda is happy on quite low pressure, so if your supply adds up to ~20lpm, you're laffin'

burntfingers

Ian thanks keep that in mind

Thanks gemma,i think the way to go is the units at around £240

Sean thanks for all your help today in my tel conversation with you, get back to you about the cons if i need them in future  ;D