COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE - NOVEMBER 2010 - WITH A PRIZE! WINNER UP!!!!

Started by Kaz, November 03, 2010, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudi

Ohh - I haven't played with Sashas's silve for a while now - must dig that out!!

I don't tend to use much chocolate brown, but inspired by this challenge, I've made these

Chocolate Fossils by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

rocky

Isn't this just a yummy thread??! :) Chocolate anything is ALWAYS good! Lovely, lovely beads as ever.

Sorry to be so obvious, but my humble offering is dark, milk and white choc combo hollows.

Deanne x

cbeadies

Yum, those chocolates look delicious! Trudi, that set is very gorgeous too.
I love the combination of chocolate with blue too for those fabulous buttons. And Shelia that is a beautiful focal, lots of lovely colours in there.

I'm off to have another go at melting chocolate too...first attempts not good!!

MadelineBunyan

awrylemming

Aww, he's a cute kitty, what a lovely expression.  The chocolate brown is particular good on him  :)

cbeadies

Meet Bobby the robin, based on Trudi's fun tutorial in Beads and Beyond.

He's not perfect but I am pleased with him.  ;D
He even stands up...on one leg anyway! I think I'll make him some cousins and turn them into Christmas tree decorations.

Shirl

Some lovely beads here this month :)
Thanks to a very kind FH member who sent me some chocolate brown (and other lovely glassy goodies) I am now able to take part in this months challenge. My first attempt was a total disaster, looks poo :o
the second and third ones are not so bad so will have a go at getting pitcures tomorrow and posting them.

Shirl

Here is my offering of BHB.
The smiley bead was really difficult because I didnt realise that the brown went back when hot, so it was hard to see where I had put the smiley face :o
Another lesson learnt ;D

Yellow friend

Brown seems to lend itself to confectionary and small animals - I have succumbed to making an owl.

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Helen G

Who would have thought that brown could produce so many lovely beads, I love the little owl  :)
I actuallly had a custom order in ivory and 448 this week so thought I'd squeeze another one in this thread.

I did add the odd touch of Ekho too  ;)

Shirl

Oh Helen, I love the brown heart, and Shelia your owl is cute :)

AnnaSpanna

I must have made these as one of the first bracelets I ever put together. I sold it over the summer but was always a little disappointed that the browns never really have that deep dark velvety chocolate tone to them - more of a reddish earthy colour. But oh well, Dark choc brown, along with light ivory and black, nonetheless!

Safari Bizzie Lizzie Bracelet by Rain Lily Beads, on Flickr

Kaz

Some lovely work in here this month!
I am going to let this run until I am back from holiday in a couple of weeks and then have a break for December - returning in the New Year with a January challenge!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!