Mandrels supplier

Started by Blue Box Studio, October 22, 2010, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Box Studio

I've searched through the threads for the person who was making mandrels out of 316L welding rods and cutting to size for us but the link I found no longer functions.  I also found the link to a tool that would cut the welding rods and that's a dud too.

Does anyone have a working link to the 'we've cut them to the size you wanted' shop on Ebay, or the tool that cuts through welding rod like a knife through butter?

Thanks.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

garishglobes

Diane (dinah46) has some, I think...

Kaz

She does - she's just having a few days off but worth waiting for her to come back as the 2mm mandrels are perfect!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

elburnzo

Quote from: Kaz on October 22, 2010, 08:11:49 PM
She does - she's just having a few days off but worth waiting for her to come back as the 2mm mandrels are perfect!
Kazx

definately worth the wait, the 2mm mandrels are perfect

Calico Cat

I also need some long 2mm mandrels - the ones I have at the moment are a bit too short for the new kiln so I'm having to use 2.4mm ones.

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Kaz

Diane is doing longer ones now too :)
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Blue Box Studio

Thanks, will wait for her to come back.
Sue

dinah46

Thanks for the plug everyone :D

The website's open for mandrel orders until tomorrow pm and then it'll be open again november 1st when my daughter is safely married off  and there are no more tiaras or wedding stuff to do ;D (til the next daughter ::) )

Lotti

I've got these too, and they are brill. :)

Blue Box Studio

Ooh, I was looking for 3mm... :( I've a stash of chokers that won't fit through 2.4mm mandrel holes - I've tried double and triple dipping the mandrels and reaming out the holes a bit but neither are proving terribly satisfactory (operator error) and a previous thread said the ebay person, who seems to have disappeared, had 3mm welding rods.

Any more suggestions.

(Sorry Dinah).
Sue

cbeadies

I think Maria Louisa has them on her Beadpress site....maybe the Beadpress express would bring some over ??  :D

Calico Cat

Quote from: dinah46 on October 22, 2010, 10:48:59 PM
The website's open for mandrel orders until tomorrow pm and then it'll be open again november 1st when my daughter is safely married off  and there are no more tiaras or wedding stuff to do ;D (til the next daughter ::) )

I'm off to Dublin for the Knitting & Stitching show - back 1st November - so I'll order some then  ;D

Hope the wedding goes well.

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

MangoBeads

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on October 23, 2010, 10:48:18 AM
Ooh, I was looking for 3mm... :( I've a stash of chokers that won't fit through 2.4mm mandrel holes - I've tried double and triple dipping the mandrels and reaming out the holes a bit but neither are proving terribly satisfactory (operator error) and a previous thread said the ebay person, who seems to have disappeared, had 3mm welding rods.

Any more suggestions.

(Sorry Dinah).

we are looking into getting 3mm just got to chase our supplier !!!!

Blue Box Studio

I managed to track down Dynaflow.  They've stopped selling welding rods but have some left and are going to let me know what they have.  If nothing comes of this then I'll be interested in Manda's mandrels.
Sue

Fruddy