Hot Head and Propane

Started by GoodMonkey, May 22, 2007, 03:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMonkey

Am I right in thinking that I can bypass the MAPP gas and go straight to propane in a bottle with a hose thingy kit from Tuffnells to run a HH?

If yes how would I fasten the torch to a working surface?  and is there anything else I would need to get the flame going safely?  I'm just wondering if it would be a better way to start then if I upgrade my torch can I still use the hose kit thingy? 

I want to save money on MAPP and spend it on glass LOL

Thanks in advance

Shelley

xtweeksx

Hiya Shelley...

To connect your torch to the work surface you need a L bracket, a clamp and one of those things that errmmm ya know, goes round the torch head that clips onto the L bracket, thats calmped to the table that tightens up... buggered if I can remember the name of em! Im not helping here am I????

If I remember rightly theres a thread here somwewhere about HH...

Jenx

GoodMonkey

Sorry everyone.

I have just read the older threads and this has been answered more than once.  I was a bit keen to get the post in as I've had hit and miss connections to FHF today.

Thankx Jen -  the clamp was only bit I'm still not sure about.

Shelley

xtweeksx

Quote from: Maytime on May 22, 2007, 03:22:40 PM
Sorry everyone.

I have just read the older threads and this has been answered more than once.  I was a bit keen to get the post in as I've had hit and miss connections to FHF today.

Thankx Jen -  the clamp was only bit I'm still not sure about.

Shelley

Your welcome Shelley, I was just looking for a thread that explained it all for you. Glad you've found it...  never worry about asking questions, someone will always point you in the right direction  :)

Jenx

Trudi

and one of those things that errmmm ya know, goes round the torch head that clips onto the L bracket, thats calmped to the table that tightens up. - jubilee clip

Josephine

http://www.tuffnellglass.com/index.html?lmd=38834.499780

Martin sells a clamp for the bulk set up that incorporates a metal worksurface.