reichenbach enamel and other 96 coe

Started by jammie, September 18, 2010, 10:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammie

I have some 96 glass, initially bought   for frit painting  which seems my fabvourite thing at the moment , some system 96 from Jaquie and gaffer from hotglass I think, then found I really liked it and came by some more from various places. I have some reichenbach 96 enamel white, this is a very strange glass, goes yuchy green when melting then when its cooked its kind of chalky and ceramic looking. I really like it. The 96 is a bit stiffer and I am on a hot head but have liked using it, takes more time to melt but i don't mind that too much, though think it might melt better on a hotter torch.  I'm just wondering who uses 96 and what they think and if anyone has the reichenbach white and what they have found with it.
A lot (most) of my glass I have bought in job lots and sale lots from folks selling on here so I have a fair bit in the "bits of this and that category"  ;D

Hotglass28

Yes it was me who sold you 96 gaffer.

Not played with that white but I have some new colours from gaffer including Alabaster. Not yet tested it so I don't know if it will play nice.

I love gaffer colours they seem to pop with the colours, and yes it's melts better on a minor than a hothead, but I think that going slow can be a good thing.

Can't wait to get back into playing again

Denise

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name