Oxy-Con Performance - what's normal?

Started by Fruddy, September 10, 2010, 09:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruddy

Just a bit of advice please chaps!

I have my reconditioned Oxy from Tuffnells and have now used it twice.    Its behaved itself perfectly! ;D

What I have noticed though is that when it is switched on, for the first hour or two or torching, the green light is on and it breathes and sighs away happily.  After about a couple of hours, the green light sometimes switches to amber for a few moments, maybe a minute or two, and the "breathing" sounds a little less regular.  I haven't noticed any drop in performance or the amount of oxygen that it is producing.

I make sure that it is switched off and the tubes bled after each session.

Is all this normal?  I have never had one before, so I have nothing to benchmark it by!

Thank you very much!

x

Les

Mine seems to run on amber for about 80% of the time ... I've had no problems making beads :)
Having said that, it is a few years old, has only ever been cleaned once and has been moved about a heck of a lot.

Steampunkglass

One of mine forgets to even put any lights on some days!  :o Been like that for 2 years and it's still chugging away!

JaySpangles

If I have mine higher than 3.5 the Amber light is on most of the time. It works fine with it on anyway. I only bleed the lines if I am not going to use it for more than a week or so. It lives in a cold dusty shed (but not damp). It sits unused for 4 months in the winter and despite dire warnings to the contrary springs quite willingly back to life again on demand.