Non - fixed ventilation

Started by maho, September 08, 2010, 10:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maho

hi!

I have just upgraded to a nortel minor (yippy) and looking into getting the proper ventilation as I don't want to poison by hubby, my cat and obviously myself. The problem is that I am set-up in the office and we are renting... so no possibility of a hole in the wall for pipes etc. Am I the only one with this problem? I was thinking of somehow creating a portable version with an extractor fan from http://www.growell.co.uk/p/0592/Systemair-Lti-RVK-Extractor-Fans.html and then somehow clip it to my desk or bookshelves ( doe sit need to be close to the torch?) and then hang the "hose" out of the window. Suggestions are very welcome:)

Nite!

Kalorlo

I think there are some photos of studio setups in the studio thread where people have the window open and their ventilation exhaust fits into a hole cut in a piece of flexiglass that fills the open window - this stops the fumes coming back in again, and will cut down on draughts!

You want the fan close to your work area, either directly above - you can build a 'barley box' fume cupboard and have the fan sucking air out of the top, which is what I've done - or you can have the fan directly in front of your torch, with the flame pointing towards it. I think there are piccies of both in the studio thread.

Krysia@No98

Do you have an air brick?  I pump mine out that way.  I am not aloud to make any holes in my walls either
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

maho

Thanks! i'll have a another browse through the threads for pictures:)

What is an air brick?

Thanks,
Marijke

Krysia@No98

its a brick that allows air through.  There will be one in your bathroom

Nick

Hi,

Here is another supplier of fans that may be of interest

http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/extractors-brackets.html

I have used them for my fan and was pleased with the service and the fan

Trudi

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2010, 09:17:24 PM
Hi,

Here is another supplier of fans that may be of interest

http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/extractors-brackets.html

I have used them for my fan and was pleased with the service and the fan

Me too - love my fan!

Krysia@No98

this is the one I have too,  I had the pipe dangling out of the window for a while and now it goes out the air brick.  the guys on the other end of the line were lovely and helpful they got me all this bits I needed without bamboozling me with terminology

Kalorlo

I got a Systemair RVK - 950m3/hr for a lot less money than the ones from Progrow!

maho

I looked into the  Systemair RVK  air as well. Just need to find a creative way of fixing all this :) It is getting colder now so the window wide open is not a solution in the winter. I like the solution of making a hole in a piece of flexiglass which will fill the "gap in the window". Got to get crafty in a different way now..