Main Menu

Question ?

Started by fionaess, September 07, 2010, 07:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fionaess

There is a colour I make for beads which is a clear rod, encased in a colour and then encased in another colour and then pulled into a rod.  I use this for beads and then encase the bead in clear... my query is how would I do this for a heart....would I encase my blob in both colours and then encase in clear and then mash.. or would I make my usual cane and then encase the blob in that and then encase yet again in clear and then mash?

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Stacy

Baring in mind I'm not 100% sure I'm picturing this in my head right I think the main difference you'll get with both methods is the intensity of the colour. With the first method you'll have one layer of each colour but with the second you basically have 2 layers as you'll have the cane which is intrinsically (sp?) is 2 layers (one on either side of your original clear core).

I've just reread that at I know what I mean but am not sure it's comIng out right!  ???

Basically I think both ways have different merits... Maybe do one of each and see which you prefer?

fionaess

Yes, thats what I thought as well Stacy - but Cosmo on LE has just come back to me with the answer... which is really a bit obvious when its explained to you.. ok so here goes...
1.  Encase your clear rod with 2 layers of your first colour
2.  Encase this with 2 layers of your second colour
3.  Encase with clear
4.  Dont pull into a cane... just ball up as usual

Simples (especially when someone has told you how to do it)  That way you get the intensity of colour  ;D ;D

garishglobes

Yes, I can see that - if you make a stringer/cane and use that, you'll get lines.

fionaess

Maybe we could have a 'Tips and Tricks' section for boro?