COLOUR OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE - SEPTEMBER 2010 - WITH A PRIZE! WINNER UP!

Started by Kaz, September 05, 2010, 09:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

The colour of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Off Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off Mandrel. The draw will take place on at the end of the month so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

So, the colour of the month for SEPTEMBER 2010 is CIM PHOENIX!

Good luck!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

MadelineBunyan

has everyone forgotten?

oh well, more chance for me...heres mine!
inspired by yesterdays daily inspiration thread pic, haven't made one of these for ages! the pic reminded me and told me what colour to make it in!

Kalorlo

Here's what I have - I haven't had much luck keeping variations in anything other than rounds! My spacer is blushing different shades as it goes round.

With silver foil and pressed, the spacer, pressed with raised trails that still didn't keep much variation...

Ness

I haven't used Phoenix for ages and not since I got my cricket, I'll have to give it another go - there are some lovely beads in this thread.

All that is about to change ;D

This is what happens on a HotHead if you give a poor kinda wonky Phoenix bead some dots of Aurae, reduce and add dots of clear.  :o

Interesting (and awful).  The aurae spots are lovely IRL and there are some really weird turquoise streaks.

I did actually make some really nice beads with it (no silver glass or reduction!) but gave them away without taking pics...

Pandanimal

I have been playing with phoenix today, these are hot from the kiln, literally.

This one I tried to make a flower for the Hill Tribe silver stamens I bought.     I love the colour variations on the twisty one. I think I might make a set of them.

Lyn G

I decided to use Phoenix to have a go at making a bear.....and it was much more difficult than I thought it would be!!

Anyway, meet Phoenix Bear.....he is very orange!!   ;D ;D

Phoenix Bear - Front by Twirlybeads (Lyn Gutteridge), on Flickr

Phoenix Bear - Side by Twirlybeads (Lyn Gutteridge), on Flickr

Kalorlo

Aww, he's a great bear!

I had another go at trying to keep more colour variations - not much luck. This one was all hot all the time, because if I let it cool down and reheat it at all, I just get the darker orange.

I made a phoenix last night that I think has kept more colours, will photograph tonight. Sculptural seems to work better.

Kalorlo

Phoenix! Hummingbird style, but I have an idea of how to alter it a bit more...

Ness

What a cute little phoenix, Heather!  She/he is lovely!

I have another (seeing as the first one was so embarrassing!)