Main Menu

Boro safety

Started by garishglobes, August 26, 2010, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garishglobes

Just a quick reminder to anyone considering working with boro that you should have extra eye protection, particularly to use coloured boro and specially the more saturated colours, and that it is very important to make sure ventilation is good. Not just an open window, a proper fan...
Better safe than sorry :)

Ian Pearson

Good message and one I always overlook and take for granted as it seems second nature to use correct safey wear that cant understand why other people would not.

Ian

catriona

Hi what kind of glasses do i need please and where will i get the .
thanks xxcatxx

Stacy

Hi Cat,

You can either buy 'boroscopes' which are quite expensive or as an interim measure get some welding clip ons to go over your diddys.
I think mine cost about £10.50. Welding shades come in a number of different tints but mine are a 3 I think. To light and they won't give enough protection, to dark and you won't be able to see anything!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Would it be a good idea while on the topic of boro safety to give an idea of what is needed and why?

I had no idea that stronger specs and stronger ventilation would be needed and a listypoos of whats what would be good for idiots like me

Delana

Thanks for the reminder!!  :) It is easy to forget the extra eye protection when working with boro if you usualy work with soft glass only!   8)