..my next question...

Started by lampworklover, August 20, 2010, 10:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lampworklover

okay, I guess that as we progress though our lampworking careers we will all get asked these sorts of questions....and I'm pleased to say that this one doesn't involve hair of any sort!!

Customer has contacted me and asked me if I can add a name to a bead  ???.. I thought maybe alphabet murrini (although I don't make murrini yet), or possibly engraving the name on a tab bead with my electric bead reamer. I'm wracking my brains to come up with a suggestion that doesn't look naff to be honest!

any ideas please peeps?

elburnzo

paint it with rachel elliots enamel paints?

Black Heart Beads

You could write with fine stringer (but this would be beyond me) or coat a bead in enamel and then engrave with your reamer, reheat and fire polish to get a nice finish.

Hazer

Ooh, that's a good idea - I'd been thinking about Becky's transfers, but she doesn't sell individual letters (which made me wonder if you could cannibalize some of her existing words ones to spell out the name :D)
ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

garishglobes

Becky can do custom transfers from a jpeg image  :)

LittleHen

Zoozis do name plate press systems but quite pricey if you just want to make 1 bead 1 time.
I think it'll be interesting to see what you come up with.
Have you thought of pmc or stamped silver tags next to lovely lampwork?

beadysam

What about etching with a resist?  Subtle effect but do-able!

Veebee

Quote from: beadysam on August 20, 2010, 11:04:18 PM
What about etching with a resist?  Subtle effect but do-able!

If you already have etchig solution this would be a really cost effective way of doing what you want to do.
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

lampworklover

Now that idea I like; I tried using PVA glue as a resist the other week and it worked a treat, plus I have a very fine nozzled bottle of glue.

Thanks all of you!!

Pat from Canvey

This was an experiment I did last week
Tracing black and clove oil and a fine nibbed pen on a cold bead and then re-fired in the torch after pre-heating in the kiln. Just have the get the consistency of the "ink" right for a better outcome.

Sonja

If you want to try some letter murrini... I have it in dark blue with a white letter in the center.
What letters do you need and I can make a picture.
:)
Sonja