Morton Teeny Circle Cutter

Started by Lloki, July 24, 2010, 11:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloki

Just wondered if anybody has used one and does it actually work?

www.warm-glass.co.uk/Shop/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=927

There's got to be an easier way of cutting circles ;D
Cerri

hollergrafik

Hi hun
Steve has it and isnt that enthralled by it he has this one from Creative Glass https://www.creativeglassguild.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2714 and it works a treat. Steve put a Funky Foam pad under under it to give it a bit of pushable pressure IYKWIM

Lloki

Thanks Kay, I thought it was to good to be true! Right off to creative glass ;D
Cerri

Flyingcheesetoastie

Ditto this, got the same one and what a great idea about the foam!  Hadn'rt thought of that and lost a couple of thin ones due to industrious pushing!

Sulis (Hazel)

Or what about diamond circle bits that you put in a drill? Probably not nearly as practical but worth a mention.  (Just remembered it's called a hole saw bit)

AND

You about any time soon?!  ;)

xx
Hazel x

Pat from Canvey

I had to cut lots o f 1 inch circles as part of the border for a large panel I made. I used my diamond bandsaw. Still took forever though.

Lloki

Hi Haze - pm'd you!

Was that a stained glass panel or a fused one Pat? I'd cut some circles and tidied them up with the grinder, but I obviously didn't clean them well enough as when I fused them I got loads a scum/devit? around the edges - not nice! I've done a bit of research and found that most people recommend sandblasting any ground edges if you're going to fuse, but I don't have that facility so though if I could make one clean cut it would help?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cerri x
Cerri

lorrainelee

Pat from Canvey

Cerri, it was a large copper foiled panel,
That's me, DH and the three kids in about 1989

Lloki

Wow Pat,
What a lovely everlasting memento - rough calculation over 100 circles, now that requires the patience of Job!

Thanks for the input Lorrainelee, but I've already ordered the one Kay and Rachael recommended - fingers crossed :)

Cerri
Cerri

Flyingcheesetoastie

I've used mine to cut just over 100 in 2mm picture glass, which is very easy to shatter so I'm well please with it. 

Lloki

Update!
Thanks everybody for all your advice - I can now fully agree with Kay, Steve and Rachel (notice spelling correct this time ;D), the Easy Cut Lens Cutter is BRILLIANT - so easy, everyone should have one!
Cerri