Oxycon..kerput..can i use bottled and how

Started by chocolateteapot, July 13, 2010, 02:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolateteapot

Well its a broken baby...filters cleaned and still bleeping low oxygen....its lost its stuffing...no fire in its belly...strength..u know.
Well while i am sending for a service to Martins...how can i make beads? How can i use bottled O2...is it possible ...dangerous me thinks but i can't wait til it comes back.....will be too long..have just got a couple of days off work too to have a play and today is wasted and its going back tomorra....i suppose i could use my hot head...but its all disassembled and i'm not keen...has anyone else used bottled oxygen while their Oxycon got mended ...and if so how to do it???
thanks me lovelies
Tracy
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Josephine

It isn't as straight forward as going out and buying a cannister of oxygen, even supposing you already have an oxygen regulator and flashback arrestor fitted which I'm guessing you don't. You need to have oxygen secured so it can't fall over and it isn't cheap. Take a read through this earlier thread, in particular Sal's entry and you might think again.
http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16602.0

Lush!

I think the Hothead may be the best option ...  :-\

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Shirley

Tracy, are you in Lincolnshire? I work in King's Lynn and have a spare oxycon that you are welcome to pick up from me at school if you like.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

chocolateteapot

oh thanks so much u lot....i am in suffolk love so thats a shame but thanks a lot.  i knew it would be a long shot. I just dont know where to start with the hosing and choppin up stuff to reconnect the Hot head. Its come at bad time again cos i was selling some beads again for the Retired greyhounds at their teaparty on saturday and was having 2 days off work to make some bits..honestly..and now i just got a returned email back saying that my details that i sent to martin havent been delivered so i'm not gonna be on the list for the courier..and my drill broke and my dog is ill..all 3 of them are taking it in turns....there..rant over...sorry and thanks again.xxxxxxxxxxxx
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...